This rich and creamy cranberry salad is a total game-changer!
It’s a luscious mix of cranberries, pineapple, apples, walnuts, and marshmallows covered in whipped cream.
This dessert is as visually stunning as it is delicious! Every bite is a sweet and tangy delight, creating a perfect balance for fruit lovers and sweet tooths alike.
Plus, it’s easy to make and big on flavor. It’s a festive treat sure to impress.
Believe me, this creamy cranberry salad is a recipe you’ll put on repeat.
Creamy Cranberry Salad (Cranberry Fluff)
Want to switch up your dessert game? This creamy cranberry salad is the way to go.
Imagine a treat that combines fruit, nuts, and marshmallows with luxurious whipped cream. That’s what this recipe delivers.
It’s perfect for any occasion, from holiday feasts to casual evenings.
Creamy cranberry salad is easy, fancy, and downright delightful. Let’s make it!
With just a few simple ingredients, making a creamy cranberry salad is a breeze. Here’s what you need:
- Cranberries – These little red gems are the heart of the dish, giving it that signature tangy kick. Chop them up to get the perfect texture in every bite.
- Crushed Pineapple – This adds a tropical twist and a bit of sweetness to balance the cranberries. Drain it well so the salad isn’t too watery.
- Miniature Marshmallows – These tiny pillows of sweetness melt into the mix, adding a unique texture and a hint of vanilla flavor.
- Chopped Apple – It throws a crunchy texture into the mix. It’s like a little sweet surprise in every spoonful.
- Sugar and Salt – The sugar cuts the tartness of the cranberries, while the salt enhances all the flavors.
- Heavy Whipping Cream – Whipped up until it’s nice and fluffy, the cream creates a luxurious dressing. It makes the salad truly indulgent.
- Chopped Walnuts – These add a fantastic crunch and a nutty flavor that complements the fruit and cream.
How to Make Creamy Cranberry Salad
Whip up this luscious, creamy cranberry salad in no time! It’s simple, flavorful, and delightful. Here’s how:
1. Mix the fruits. Combine the cranberries, pineapple, marshmallows, and apples with sugar and salt in a large bowl. Toss everything together until it’s well mixed.
2. Cover the bowl and let it chill in the refrigerator overnight. This step allows the flavors to meld together. It helps cut through the acidity of the cranberries.
3. Whip the cream. Beat the whipped cream with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form, which should take about 8-9 minutes. Freeze the mixing bowl and beaters 30 minutes beforehand to whip the cream more quickly.
4. Toss everything together. Fold the whipped cream and walnuts into the chilled mixture from the night before.
5. Serve and enjoy!
Tips and Variations
Check out these tips and variations to help you make your cranberry salad even more delicious:
- Let it chill. This salad prefers the cold, like ice cream at a summer picnic. Ensure it doesn’t sit out for more than 2 hours to keep it fresh.
- Toss in the cream at the last minute. This helps keep it from mixing with the cranberries and turning pink.
- Chill your equipment. Place your mixing bowl and beaters in the freezer for about 30 minutes before whipping the cream. It’ll whip the cream much faster.
- Get toasty. For a nuttier flavor, toast the walnuts in a dry sauté pan first.
- Choose your level of sweetness. If your salad tastes too tart, balance it out with honey. If it’s too sweet, mix in a splash of lemon juice.
- Take an easy shortcut. If you’re pressed for time, use Cool Whip instead of whipping the cream.
- Chop cranberries in a jiffy. Save some time and get evenly chopped cranberries by giving them a quick whirl in the food processor.
Want to make your salad your own? Here are some mix-in ideas to get you started:
- Nuts. Choose from walnuts, pecans, or almonds over your salad before serving. Aside from tossing the nuts in, sprinkle some on top, too.
- Colorful mini marshmallows. This playful touch adds a fun pop of color. It’ll make the salad even more appealing, especially to kids.
- Mandarin Oranges. They add a lovely burst of citrus. The tanginess of the oranges complements the cranberries for a harmonious blend of flavors.
- Grapes. Throw in some green and red grapes for color, crunch, and a different kind of sweetness. Just be sure the grapes are seedless!
How to Store
Keep your cranberry salad fresh and flavorful with these storage tips.
To Store: Cover the salad with plastic wrap or place it in an air-tight container. It’ll stay good in the fridge for up to 2 days.
The longer it sits, the more the flavors will mingle and change.
IMPORTANT: do not freeze this salad!
Whipped cream and the freezer aren’t compatible. If you freeze the salad, the whipped cream will turn into a grainy, watery mess when thawed.
Do yourself a favor and enjoy cranberry salad fresh or within a couple of days.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?