These easy and delicious zucchini chocolate chip muffins are a fantastic way to sneak some veggies into your diet.
And they’re so yummy, even the kids will ask for more!
If you’re looking for a unique twist on classic chocolate chip muffins, then this recipe is for you.
Not only are they insanely tender and chocolatey, but they’re also jam-packed with wholesome veggies.
If you’re a fan of zucchini bread, you’ll know how moist shredded zucchini makes your bakes.
And no, you don’t taste it one bit!
Trust me, these zucchini chocolate chip muffins are sure to hit the spot.
Best Ever Zucchini Muffins With Chocolate Chips
Nothing screams indulgence quite like these zucchini chocolate chip muffins!
The combo of chocolate chips and shredded zucchini makes for an extra moist and flavorful treat.
Plus, you’ll be sneaking in some veggies without even realizing it. So it’s a win-win!
They’re a fool-proof and tasty way to incorporate some greens into your diet. And they’re beyond easy to make.
These muffins are the perfect combo of sweet, chocolatey, and nutritious, and they’re great for breakfast, as a snack, or for dessert.
So, the next time you’re looking for a delicious muffin recipe, give these zucchini chocolate chip muffins a try. You won’t be disappointed!
How to Make Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins
You’ll find detailed instructions under the ingredient list below.
But for now, here’s a breakdown of how to make the best zucchini muffins with chocolate chips:
1. Mix the dry and wet ingredients separately.
Mix the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. Whisk or stir to ensure even distribution.
In another mixing bowl, beat the egg, then add in the oil, milk, lemon juice, and vanilla extract.
2. Combine wet and dry ingredients.
Gently add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir until about halfway combined.
Then add the chocolate chips, shredded zucchini, and walnuts, and stir to combine.
Stop stirring as soon as you no longer see streaks of flour.
3. Prepare the muffin tin & bake.
Line a muffin pan with paper liners and fill each muffin cup about 2/3 full with batter.
Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175°C) for 30 minutes. Then, allow the muffins to cool at room temperature before serving. Enjoy!
Tips for The Best Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins
Here are some tips to help you create the best zucchini chocolate chip muffins possible:
- Use room temperature ingredients. This helps the muffins rise evenly and ensures that the ingredients are well-mixed.
- Don’t overmix the batter. Overmixing can lead to tough muffins, so be sure to mix the ingredients just until combined.
- Properly measure the ingredients. Muffins are a bit more finicky than cakes and can turn out dense and heavy if the proportions are off.
- The recipe calls for 1 1/2 cups of flour, and it’s best to measure this by spooning the flour into the measuring cup.
- If you scoop with the cup, the flour will pack inside, and you’ll get more than you need.
- Grate your own zucchini. Pre-shredded zucchini from the store often has more moisture than freshly grated zucchini. So, grate your own to keep the muffins from turning out soggy.
- Add some extra flavor with spices or extracts (like nutmeg or almond extract). You could also try substituting some of the all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour or adding in some oats for a healthier twist.
- Use high-quality chocolate chips. Chocolate chips are one of the star ingredients, so be sure to use high-quality chocolate chips for the best flavor.
- Mix in some more nuts. Chopped nuts (like peanuts or pecans) add extra texture and flavor. Just be sure to chop the nuts finely, so they don’t overpower the rest of the ingredients.
- Wait for the muffins to cool completely before serving. Warm muffins are delicious, but you don’t get the full array of flavors until they’re cold.
How to Store Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins
If you’re lucky enough to have leftovers, here’s how to store zucchini chocolate chip muffins:
For Short-Term Storage
Once the muffins have cooled completely, place them in an airtight container. Store them at room temperature for 2 to 3 days.
To keep the muffins from getting soggy, add paper towels to the container to absorb any excess moisture.
For Longer Storage
Once the muffins have cooled completely, place them in an airtight container.
Put the container in the fridge for 4 to 5 days.
If you want to keep the muffins fresh for longer than a few days, you can also freeze them.
Place the cold muffins in a freezer bag and store them in the freezer for up to 3 months.
When you’re ready to enjoy a muffin, simply remove it from the freezer and microwave it for 15 to 30 seconds until warm.
More Muffin Recipes You’ll Love
Strawberry Banana Muffins
Banana Nut Muffins
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
Apple Strudel Muffins
Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?