This 3-ingredient Wendy’s Frosty recipe taste just like the real thing! Skip the drive-thru and whip up these chocolate homemade Frosties in minutes.
All you need is some chocolate milk, sweetened condensed milk, and an 8oz tub of Cool Whip.
Place all of the ingredients into a blender and mix well. Then put the mixture into a freezer-safe container and place in the freezer.
Stir the mixture thoroughly every 30 minutes. In about 2 hours, your Frosty treat will be thick, creamy, and ready to enjoy!
The sweetened condensed milk in this recipe gives the Frosty that smooth, silky texture we’ve all come to know and love. While the Cool Whip makes it light and refreshing.
You’ll only need three simple ingredients to make a delicious Wendy’s Frosty:
- Chocolate milk. You’ll need half a gallon of chocolate milk. Use a brand you like or make your own.
- Sweetened condensed milk. Not only does this ingredient sweeten the Frosty, but it also gives it that thick, silky texture.
- Cool Whip. The Cool Whip makes the Frosty light and creamy.
How to Make a Wendy’s Frosty
The instructions for making a Frosty are almost as simple as the ingredients list! Here’s what you’ll do:
1. Blend. Pour all the ingredients into a blender and blend them. It shouldn’t take long. But be sure to blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
2. Pour. Pour the Frosty into a freezer-safe container.
3. Freeze. Freeze the container of Frosty for about 2 hours, stirring it thoroughly every 30 minutes.
4. Enjoy! After the 2 hours are up, enjoy your Frosty with whatever toppings you like best.
Try These Frosty Variations
All of these variations are delicious and worth trying!
- Cut some calories. If you want to make a lower-calorie version of this Frosty recipe, use fat-free Cool Whip and 1% (or fat-free) chocolate milk. You can also use chocolate almond milk.
- Make it a lot healthier. If you really want to make this dessert healthier, use the following recipe. Combine 1 frozen banana, 1/2 an avocado, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 2 tbsp cacao powder, 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, and 3/4 cup ice cubes in a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Make it boozy. Add a bit of Kahlua or Baileys Espresso Creme to the mix.
- Up the chocolate. Add a teaspoon of cocoa powder for an extra chocolatey Frosty.
- Use ice cream. Follow these instructions to make the Frosty with ice cream: Place 1 cup of chocolate milk, 1/2 cup of Cool Whip, and 4 scoops of vanilla ice cream into a blender and mix well. Pop it into the freezer for about 10 minutes, and enjoy!
- Tweak the flavor. Ice cream and cocoa powder aren’t the only things you can add to a copycat Frosty. Try mixing in some Nutella or mashed bananas. There’s no limit to the ingredients you can add.
How to Store a Wendy’s Frosty
In my house, this Frosty treat is gone in a matter of hours. But you can also make a big batch of Frosty’s and store them in the freezer for 2-3 weeks.
Just be sure to use a freezer-safe container so your Frosty’s don’t absorb any smells from the freezer.
Place your Frosty in the main part of the freezer away from the door. This will keep your treat away from fluctuating temperatures when the door opens.
When you take it out of the freezer, simply let it sit at room temperature for about half an hour so it gets thick and creamy.
History of the Wendy’s Frosty
The Frosty was first introduced in 1969 by founder Dave Thomas. He wanted something thick enough to eat with a spoon.
But he also thought chocolate by itself would be too strong a flavor to combine with hamburger and fries.
So, they combined chocolate and vanilla to come up with the smooth, creamy iconic dessert that we know and love today.
In this recipe, the chocolate milk creates that chocolaty flavor, while the sweetened condensed milk provides the creamy vanilla. The Cool Whip makes it light and smooth.
It’s that perfect combo between a milk shake and soft-serve ice cream.
Wendy’s now offers a vanilla Frosty. Which was introduced in 2006. But who are we kidding. The chocolate Frosty will always reign supreme!
And with this recipe, you can enjoy this Frosty treat without ever having to leave the house.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?