Bring the vibrant summer flavors with this recipe for homemade strawberry ice cream!
Bursting with the fresh and juicy flavor of ripe strawberries, this ice cream is fruity and decadent.
And you don’t need to be an expert to create this frozen delight at home.
With this no-cook recipe, you won’t need eggs and lengthy prep time. You’ll have a refreshing treat with a few basic ingredients in just 30 minutes.
Ready? Churn out magic and dazzle your taste buds with a scoop of pure summer bliss!
Strawberry Ice Cream
Homemade strawberry ice cream is like a big scoop of summer fun! Made with fresh and juicy strawberries, this ice cream is a straight-up flavor party.
It’s creamy, dreamy, and packed with that real-deal strawberry goodness. There’s none of that artificial stuff you find in some store-bought versions.
The magic starts with whole milk and heavy cream for a rich, creamy base. It’s speckled with mashed strawberries, which brings a vibrant, tangy-sweet flavor.
A hint of vanilla adds depth to the flavor profile, accentuating the fruity notes.
And then there’s that small amount of salt. Trust me, it’s like a secret ingredient that amplifies all those amazing flavors.
It’s chilled to cool, creamy perfection for cooling off on a hot day.
- Strawberries – They form the base of the flavor for strawberry ice cream. Fresh, ripe strawberries provide the most vibrant and authentic strawberry flavor.
- Whole milk – It contributes to the ice cream’s creamy texture and rich flavor. Its fat content is necessary for a smooth consistency.
- Heavy cream – It adds to the fat content and increases the richness and creaminess of the ice cream. It’s one of the key components.
- Sugar – This sweetens the mixture. Use white sugar for this recipe and adjust according to taste.
- Vanilla extract – It enhances the flavors in the ice cream, making the strawberry taste more pronounced.
- Salt – A small amount makes a difference in enhancing the overall flavors of the ice cream.
- Food Coloring (Optional) – Add two drops of red food coloring for a brighter or more vivid color.
How to Make Strawberry Ice Cream
1. Mash the strawberries and gather all of the ingredients. Start by mashing 2 cups of fresh, ripe strawberries in a bowl. Prepare all the ingredients, ensuring correct measurement.
2. Make the cream mixture. Combine the mashed strawberries, milk, cream, sugar, vanilla, and salt in a large bowl. Add the drops of red food coloring if you prefer a vibrant color.
3. Churn the ice cream. Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and churn it according to the manufacturer’s instructions. The ice cream should have a soft-serve consistency.
4. Freeze the ice cream. Transfer the churned ice cream to a lidded container. Cover the container and place it in the freezer.
5. Serve and enjoy. Once the ice cream is firm enough to scoop, serve it in bowls or cones. Yum!
Tips for the Best Strawberry Ice Cream
- Fresh strawberries will give your ice cream the best flavor. Try to use ripe strawberries, which will be sweeter and more flavorful.
- Depending on the sweetness of your strawberries, adjust the amount of sugar.
- Before mashing them, toss the strawberries in sugar and let them sit for about an hour. This extra step can make your ice cream taste even better.
- Allow the ice cream to churn until it has a soft-serve consistency. Rushing this process will result in a less-than-desirable ice cream texture.
- After churning, transfer the ice cream to a container and freeze it for at least 2-4 hours. This allows the ice cream to firm up to the right consistency.
- Using full-fat dairy will result in a creamier, richer ice cream. Skimping on the fat can make your ice cream more icy and less flavorful.
Remember, making ice cream at home is an art. It takes some practice to get your recipe right.
But with these tips, you’re on your way to creating the perfect strawberry ice cream. Enjoy the process and, of course, the delicious results!
Here are some ideas to jazz up strawberry ice cream:
1. Chocolate Chips or Chunks: Chocolate and strawberries make a fantastic combination. Add some chocolate chips/chunks during the last few minutes of churning.
2. Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream: Mix graham cracker crumbs and cream cheese to capture the taste of the cheesecake.
3. Berries Mix: For a mixed berry variation, add mashed blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries along with strawberries.
4. Tropical Strawberry Ice Cream: Add shredded coconut during the last minutes of churning for a tropical twist. It also adds a delightful texture to the smooth ice cream.
5. Strawberry Oreo Ice Cream: Crush some Oreos and mix them into the ice cream during the last few minutes of churning. The cookie contrasts nicely with the sweet, tart strawberry.
6. Nutty Strawberry: Add crushed pecans, almonds, or walnuts for texture and flavor.
7. Strawberry Ice Cream Sandwich: Place a scoop of ice cream between two sugar cookies for a fun way to enjoy this cold delight.
How to Store Ice Cream
Transfer your homemade ice cream to an air-tight container. Use a shallow container to help the ice cream freeze more evenly.
Place parchment paper directly on the surface of the ice cream before putting the lid on. It helps prevent ice crystals from forming.
Homemade ice cream is best consumed within 2 weeks. But it can last up to one month in the freezer. Beyond that, the flavor and texture will deteriorate.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?