I was first drawn to this recipe for slutty brownies by the name. I mean, how could you not be curious?
Let’s be honest; it’s pretty unique and hilarious.
But the ingredients in these treats are to die for! They’re made with cookie dough, Oreos, AND brownies? Wow!
I know I should say, “No,” but my heart is screaming, “Yes!” It’s impossible to resist whipping up a batch of these babies.
So, why the name? Well, they were initially known as the ultimate chocolate chip cookie n’ Oreo fudge brownie bars.
Quite a mouthful, right? So when a London baker made the recipe, she decided they needed a naughtier name that lives up to their sinfulness.
It all starts with a hefty layer of chocolate chip cookie dough. Delicious, familiar, comforting… but not all that impressive.
Next is a layer of whole Oreos. The level of stuffing is a personal preference. A little naughty and indulgent, but are they slutty? Not yet!
The entire thing gets topped in brownie batter and baked until gooey, melty, warm, and so-devilish.
It’s no wonder they’re described as “oh-so-easy, and more than a little bit filthy.”
When you use store-bought cookie dough and a boxed brownie mix, you can have these dirty treats ready to devour in less than an hour!
Ingredients for Slutty Brownies
The three layers are distinct and required to make these as slutty as possible.
And as far as each layer goes, I think the classic chocolate chip cookie and fudge brownie are the perfect partners.
That being said, there’s nothing saying you can’t use. You can try M&M chip cookies, or white chocolate, or even pecan.
I guess ‘slutty’ is in the eye of the beholder, and if you like your brownies a little nutty, then you do you.
For this recipe, you will need:
- Chocolate chip cookie dough – If you want these as fast as possible, please, use that refrigerated dough. It’s ready-to-go and fool-proof. But if you have a bit of extra time and feel like making a day of it, making your own cookie dough will leave you with extra to snack on while the brownies bake!
- Oreos – I prefer double-stuffed Oreos, but I know some like the thins. It’s up to you.
- Brownies – Let’s just get this out of the way – boxed brownies are insanely good! They’re perfect every time and ridiculously easy to make. But if you have that one go-to recipe, now’s your time to shine!
Technically, Oreos are vegan since they contain no animal-derived ingredients.
However, Oreo actually states that they are not vegan due to the possible cross-contamination with milk in the factory.
So it really depends on your own preference and limits when it comes to possible animal by-product contact.
Tips for the Best Brownies
Whether using ready-made doughs and batters or making your own, there are a couple of little tricks that will make your slutty brownies perfect!
- The recipe calls for a 9×9 (about 22cm) baking dish, which is absolutely what it needs. If you go any smaller, the cookie and brownie won’t cook through, and if you go larger, they will crisp up, and you’ll lose the gooey finish.
- Be sure that your cookie dough is room temperature, which I know goes against every other recipe for cookies! But it needs to be able to heat up and cook even from under the Oreos and brownie batter.
- You’ll know it’s cooked when the edges are just starting to pull away from the side of the dish and when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let the whole thing cool right down before slicing.
- If you’re nervous about the cookie dough baking in time, try baking that layer first (for 10 minutes or so) before adding the Oreos and brownies and baking again (for another 30 minutes).
- Top the brownie batter with crushed and chopped Oreos and extra chocolate chips for the wow factor.
- Feel free to play with the cookie dough and brownie recipes. Adding nuts or maybe Reese’s pieces would make this over the top amazing!
- Or how about a layer of salted caramel, too? We’ve thrown the rules out completely with this one.
Can I Use Different Oreo Flavors in These Brownies?
Yes! You can use whichever flavor Oreo you like. I’ve actually made a batch using golden Oreos and some added caramel, and they were incredible.
I think mint Oreos would make a nice change, or maybe birthday cake.
Just keep in mind that the flavor needs to be paired with the rich chocolate of the brownie.
How to Store and Freeze the Brownies
Keep your cooled brownies in an air-tight container, and they will last a solid week.
I leave mine on the counter, but you can put them in the fridge if you prefer.
I would recommend allowing them to come back to room temperature before eating to let the cookie dough and chocolate chips soften.
To freeze, slice them and place them in a Ziplock bag or air-tight container for up to 6 months.
Always be sure that they have cooled completely before slicing and putting away.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?