Spoil the family with this easy no-bake Rice Krispie cookies recipe!
Loaded with peanut butter, marshmallows, white chocolate, and cereal, each bite is a heavenly treat. They’re the perfect balance of sweet and salty.
Rice Krispie Cookies
These Rice Krispie cookies are like little nuggets of heaven. They’re airy, crisp, sweet, salty, and absolutely delightful.
Rice Krispies and their patented crunch give these goodies an incredible texture. Then there’s all the mix-ins that up the decadence factor.
Fluffy marshmallows, salty peanuts, and white chocolate chips make these treats irresistible.
But what I love most is that this no-bake recipe is foolproof. It’s insanely easy and requires zero baking skills.
So you can get the little ones involved in the process. They’ll love making these cookies!
The ingredients for this cookie recipe are super simple and to the point. There’s no need for flour, butter, eggs, or even milk.
Everything you need is likely in your kitchen right now!
- White chocolate chips – The flavor of white chocolate adds a buttery sweetness that pairs perfectly with salty peanuts and Rice Krispies.
- Creamy peanut butter – Creamy peanut butter adds more peanut flavor, making these cookies so delicately smooth and buttery.
- Mini marshmallows – Mini marshmallows are a must! They ensure every bite delivers equal parts chocolate, peanuts, Rice Krispies, and marshmallows.
- Rice Krispies – Name-brand Rice Krispies or the knock-off brand both work. Either way, these will be delightfully crispy and crunchy!
- Salted peanuts – Salted peanuts are another must. Unsalted works in a pinch, but those salted peanuts are the secret ingredient. They add a wonderful pop of saltiness that tames the sweetness in these cookies.
How to Make Rice Krispie Cookies
You don’t have to be much of a baker to make these Rice Krispie cookies. The process is very beginner-friendly.
All you need are these basic steps:
1. Melt the white chocolate chips. Place them in a large microwave-safe bowl and melt in the microwave for 30 seconds.
2. Add the peanut butter. Stir until silky smooth.
3. Mix in the mini marshmallows, Rice Krispies, and peanuts. Keep stirring until the creamy mixture fully coats everything.
4. Shape the cookies. Using a tablespoon, drop heaping portions onto wax paper. Let cool and enjoy!
Tips and Variations
Since there’s no baking involved, these cookies are very easy to make and customize. Swap out the ingredients with your favorite mix-ins.
Here are a few suggestions to make these cookies even better:
- Change up your cereal. Rice Krispies are in the cookies’ name, but any cereal works! Try other cereal brands like Corn Flakes, Cheerios, or even Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Each will add a delightful flavor and texture.
- Go crazy with candy and nuts. Make your cookies over the top! Simply swap out peanuts for other nuts and candy. Try salted cashews, pecans, or pistachios. You can even add bite-sized candy like M&M’s or Reese’s Pieces.
- Always melt your chocolate slowly. White chocolate often seizes fast. To ensure this doesn’t happen, melt your chocolate for 15-30 seconds and then stir. Once melted, resist the urge to pop them back in the microwave.
- Try other types of chocolate. White chocolate makes these cookies incredibly sweet and delicious. But you can use other types of chocolate too. Try dark, semisweet, or milk chocolate chips for a more chocolatey finish.
- Love marshmallows? Add extra! The great thing about this recipe is that it’s not an exact baking science. If you love marshmallows, you can add more to the mixture. You can add more peanuts and cereal too.
How to Store Rice Krispie Cookies
In my house, these Rice Krispie cookies only last a few days before they disappear!
That said, storing them properly won’t be a problem. Just follow any of these options for leftover cookies:
To Store: Store the cooled cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for 4 to 5 days. You can also refrigerate leftover cookies for up to 1 week.
To Freeze: Place the cooled cookies in an air-tight freezer bag. Label and freeze. Frozen cookies will last for up to 3 months.
To Thaw: Slowly thaw the cookies on the kitchen counter or the fridge.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?