Rice Krispie Cookies are the perfect combination of sweet and salty. Loaded with peanut butter, marshmallows, white chocolate, and Rice Krispies, each bite is a heavenly treat.
With these melt-in-your-mouth cookies, Rice Krispies aren’t just for breakfast anymore!
This simple Rice Krispie cookie recipe is a great recipe to make with the whole family.
And you won’t even need to fire up the oven!
Rice Krispie Cookies
These Rice Krispie cookies are like little nuggets of heaven.
They’re not the fanciest cookies on the table, but they are the tastiest!
It’s the perfect combo of sweet and salty in a delightful little nugget.
What I love most about this recipe is that it’s foolproof.
It’s insanely easy and requires zero baking skills. I mean it!
If you’ve ever reheated dinner in a microwave, you have all the skills for these delightful cookies.
Rice Krispies add their patented crunch that pairs well with fluffy marshmallows, salty peanuts, and sweet white chocolate.
Think of this recipe as a jumping-off point. There are so many ways to swap out ingredients to create something you’ll love.
Don’t like peanuts? Swap them out for a different type of nut!
Want more candy? Throw in some M&M’s! There are no wrong answers.
Plus, it’s a great way to get those little ones involved in the cookie-making process.
They’ll have so much fun adding ingredients to the bowl and watching everything come together in sweet, nutty harmony.
And with such a short ingredient list, you likely have everything in your pantry just waiting for you.
So, are you ready to get started?
The ingredients in this recipe are super simple and to the point. No need for flour, butter, eggs, or even milk.
Everything you need for these Rice Krispie cookies is likely in your kitchen right now!
Rice Krispies. Opt for name-brand Rice Krispies or the knock-off brand. It doesn’t matter. What matters is that they are delightfully crispy and crunchy!
White chocolate chips. The flavor of white chocolate adds a buttery sweetness that pairs perfectly with salty peanuts and Rice Krispies.
Creamy peanut butter. Creamy peanut butter adds more peanut flavors, making these cookies so delicately smooth and buttery.
Mini marshmallows. Mini marshmallows are a must. Using mini marshmallows over full-sized ensures that every bite delivers equal parts chocolate, peanuts, Rice Krispies, and marshmallows.
Salted peanuts. Getting salted peanuts is a must. Unsalted works in a pinch, but those salted peanuts are the secret ingredient. They add a wonderful pop of saltiness that tames the sweetness in these cookies.
How to Make Rice Krispie Cookies
1. Using a large microwave-safe bowl, melt white chocolate chips for 30 seconds until just melted. Be sure to melt the white chocolate slowly, or it will seize up and become chalky and dry.
2. Add peanut butter. Stir until fully incorporated and silky smooth.
3. Stir in peanuts, Rice Krispies, and mini marshmallows until incorporated. Keep stirring until the creamy mixture coats your additives.
4. Use a tablespoon to drop heaping portions onto wax paper. The wax paper prevents the cookies from sticking. Let it cool completely, and enjoy!
Tips and Variations
Think of this recipe as the starting line. There are many ways to add all your favorite things to these cookies or make them your own.
Since there’s no baking involved, swapping out ingredients is super simple. Here are just a few suggestions to make these cookies even better.
1. Change up your cereal. Rice Krispies are in the cookies’ name, but any cereal works! For different flavors and textures, try different types of cereal like Corn Flakes, Cheerios, or even Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
2. Go crazy with candy and nuts. Swapping out peanuts for other salted nuts and candy is a great way to take the flavors over the top and make them your own.
Try salted cashews, pecans, pistachios, or any of your favorite nuts. You can even add bite-sized candy like M&M’s or Reese’s Pieces.
3. Always melt your chocolate slowly. White chocolate has a reputation for seizing up in a matter of seconds. White chocolate is notorious for seizing up more than milk chocolate, so be careful.
To ensure this doesn’t happen, melt your chocolate for 15-30 seconds and then stir. When those chocolate morsels melt, resist the urge to pop them back in the microwave.
4. Try different types of chocolate. White chocolate makes these cookies incredibly sweet and delicious, but you can use other types of chocolate. Opt for dark, semisweet, or milk chocolate chips for a more chocolatey finish.
5. Love marshmallows? Add even more! The great thing about this recipe is that it’s not an exact baking science. If you love marshmallows, you can add more to the mixture. And the same can be said for peanuts and cereal.
How to Store Rice Krispie Cookies
Rice Krispie cookies will last about a week when stored in an airtight container at room temperature and longer in the fridge.
After you spoon them onto the wax paper, it’s super important that you let them cool completely.
If you don’t, they’ll become soggy when you place them into their storage container. You don’t want that.
These cookies won’t go bad after a week but won’t be as fresh, crunchy, and delicious.
If you need to store them longer, place them in an air-tight bag and pop them in the freezer.
When you’re ready to eat, let them slowly thaw on the kitchen counter or the fridge.
However, these cookies are so delightful and addictive that finding the right storage option won’t be a problem.
In my house, they only last a few days before they disappear!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?