A spoonful of this refreshing pina colada fluff will transport you to tropical paradise!
You can never go wrong with the combo of pineapple and coconut.
Whether it’s cake, bread, or a beverage, tropical flavors never disappoint.
And for today’s dessert, we’re taking these beloved flavors to the next level. Pina colada, meet fluff.
The pina colada fluff is the perfect combination of sweet, tangy, and nutty. Serve it cold, and pina colada fluff is a refreshing dessert perfect for summer potlucks and BBQs.
So get ready. This magnificent mash-up will blow you away.
Pina Colada Fluff
Pina colada fluff is a dessert with pudding, Cool Whip, pineapple, marshmallows, coconut, pistachios, and rum.
Sure, this dessert has a lot going on- but it works! It’s a pina colada in fluff form, and it is fantastic.
It bursts with playful flavors and textures that intrigue and delight your taste buds.
The best part is this recipe is very forgiving, so you can make it your own.
Customize it with different pudding flavors and mix-ins. You can add more or less of each ingredient. Or leave them out if you’re not a fan.
Add more booze, or skip it if serving to kids.
Think of my recipe as a simple guide. But ultimately, your dessert, your choice!
- Canned Pineapple- Crushed and tidbits will work here. It’s important not to drain the juice because you’ll need it to saturate the pudding mix.
- Instant Pudding- Use instant, not regular pudding. Otherwise, it won’t set. I use vanilla, but see if you can find Coconut Cream or Pineapple pudding. They’d be perfect for this recipe!
- Coconut Rum- For that boozy kick. For a kid-friendly fluff, though, you can use rum extract.
- Mini Marshmallows- For added fluff. Use mini marshmallows for the perfect bite-sized treat.
- Shredded Coconut- Toast it beforehand for maximum flavor and crunch. Or get the toasted kind.
- Pistachios- For fabulous flavor and crunch. I love how its green hue adds brightness to the fluff. But you can skip them or use other nuts if you dislike pistachios or have allergies.
- Cool Whip- The component responsible for the fluff factor in this fluff. Be sure to thaw it before use!
How to Make Pina Colada Fluff
Pina colada fluff is ready in just a few easy steps!
1. Make the fluff base. In a large bowl, combine undrained pineapple, pudding, and rum. Mix until well blended.
2. Mix in the mix-ins. Add the mini marshmallows, coconut, and pistachios and mix until well combined.
3. Fold in the Cool Whip. You want to do this gently; otherwise, you won’t get a fluffy fluff.
4. Chill the fluff. It’s the worst part, but you can’t skip the waiting. Cover and chill the bowl for at least 2 hours before serving. It needs time for the flavors to marry.
5. Serve and enjoy! Serve with cookies and fresh fruit for dipping. Or grab a spoon and dig in.
Tips for the Best Fluff
Don’t have all the ingredients on hand? No worries. See if you have these substitutes available.
- Try a Cool Whip alternative. You can use homemade whipped cream for a fresher dessert. But it deflates quickly, so serve your fluff within a few hours.
- Make it kid-friendly! Skip the rum altogether and use rum extract.
- No rum extract? Try a rum extract alternative. Use citrus, coconut, or pineapple extract.
- Try some fun mix-ins. Don’t stop at nuts and coconut! Mix in pretzels for another layer of crunch. You can also add cherries if you don’t mind the fluff turning pinkish.
How Far in Advance Can You Make Pina Colada Fluff?
You can prepare pina colada fluff 1 to 2 days in advance.
Cover and refrigerate the fluff until you’re ready to serve.
Want More? Check Out These Fun Fluff Desserts!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?