Cherry fluff is one of the many fluff dessert recipes. But it is one of my favorites!
It has a smooth, fluffy, delightfully cloud-like texture and a bright, sweet-n-tangy flavor.
The cherries and pineapples pair well together. (It may even remind you of a delicious pineapple upside-down cake. Only cherry fluff is a lot less work.)
It’s a wonderfully fruity, fantastically fluffy treat to help you beat the summer heat.
Of course, it also tastes fantastic during every other season of the year.
But don’t take my word for it! Check out this recipe and try it for yourself.
Fluff desserts are some of my all-time favorite desserts. They require few ingredients, minimal work, and rarely involve any cooking.
Cherry fluff is no exception. You’ll need five or six ingredients (depending on whether you want nuts). And it takes about 5 minutes to prepare it.
All you have to do is combine ingredients in a bowl and stir. It’s so easy that even a child could do it.
And it’s perfect when you need a last-minute dessert for an event you forgot about.
So, whip up some cherry fluff for your next picnic, potluck, or backyard BBQ. It’s almost magical how quickly it’ll disappear.
You won’t need much for this recipe. Just five ingredients and some optional nuts:
- Cool Whip: I like to use store-bought Cool Whip for this recipe. You can use homemade whipped cream, but Cool Whip holds up better over time.
- Crushed pineapple: Pineapples add a nice tangy, tropical flavor to the fluff. They also pair well with the cherry pie filling.
- Cherry pie filling: You can use store-bought or homemade. Use a brand you like since that’s where most of the flavor comes from.
- Sweetened condensed milk: Double-check that it is NOT evaporated milk. The two are not the same and won’t work the same way.
- Condensed milk sweetens the fluff and gives it its creamy texture.
- Mini marshmallows: They add bulk, texture, and flavor. If you use rainbow mini marshmallows, they also add a bright pop of color.
- Pecans: These are optional, but they make the recipe much better! They add a salty, crunchy nuttiness that perfectly complements the otherwise fluffy dessert.
How to Make Cherry Fluff
There are only three steps to making delicious, creamy cherry fluff.
1. Mix the ingredients. Combine the Cool Whip, pineapples, cherry pie filling, and condensed milk. Stir until everything is well mixed.
2. Add the marshmallows and pecans. Then, add the marshmallows and nuts (if you’re using them). Don’t over-mix.
3. Chill. Cover the fluff with plastic wrap and pop it in the fridge. It needs at least 1 hour to chill, but more is better. Then, serve and enjoy!
Tips for the Best Cherry Fluff
Here are a few final tips to keep in mind:
- No pie filling? No problem! Substitute a 32-ounce jar of drained and chopped maraschino cherries instead. They’ll give you that same great cherry flavor.
- Don’t forget to drain the pineapples. If you leave too much liquid in them, the fluff will be runny.
- Add coconut. Add sweetened shredded coconut if you want a sweeter, more tropical flavor. You shouldn’t need more than a cup.
- Let the fluff chill overnight. The recipe says to let it chill for 1 hour, and that’s okay. However, if you can, leaving it overnight is best.
- It gives the flavors time to blend, resulting in a fresher, better taste.
- Use whatever nuts you like best. You don’t have to stick to pecans. Your favorite nuts will work just as well.
Here are some tasty variations:
- Swap out the pie filling. Try this recipe with strawberry, blueberry, or another favorite pie filling.
- Vary the fruit. If pineapples aren’t your thing, use a different type of fruit. Chopped bananas, diced apples, or Mandarin oranges all make excellent options.
- Make it creamier. Add vanilla pudding, cream cheese, or both to the fluff mixture for a thicker texture.
- Add cherries on top. Placing maraschino cherries on top will give the fluff a much lovelier appearance. They also taste great.
How to Store
You can’t freeze leftover cherry fluff because it’ll destroy the texture. However, you can store leftovers in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Transfer them to an airtight container or cover them in plastic wrap.
There are a few things to keep in mind about storing your leftovers:
- Store the fluff in the fridge. Itshouldn’t stay at room temperature for over 2 hours because of the Cool Whip.
- The moisture will settle during storage. So, stir the leftovers a few times before serving them.
- The marshmallows will soften. The marshmallows will absorb the moisture after being in the fridge for a few days. They’ll get softer, but they’ll also get more flavorful.
- Don’t let the softness bother you; everything is still just fine.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?