Peri peri chicken is made with the most delectable peri peri sauce! It’s an easy weeknight dinner and delivers restaurant quality with little effort.
The flavors of garlic, chili, paprika, and red wine vinegar will make your tastebuds sing!
If you’ve never had the pleasure of experiencing this tantalizingly unique dish, some might say you’re missing out on life!
It’s time to hop aboard the peri peri bandwagon and meet your new favorite chicken dinner.
Let’s get started!
Peri Peri Chicken
Peri peri chicken is a savory dish with robust flavors. It’s sure to leave you wanting more.
A fiery combination of garlic, chili, and smoky paprika mix together to tantalize your palate.
The sweetness and acidity of red wine vinegar and lemon juice balances this zesty medley. The result is an unforgettable flavor experience. It’ll have your mouth watering!
It’s easy to make and can be customized to suit any heat preference. This just might be your new go-to dish!
You need just a few simple ingredients to make peri peri chicken.
- Onion, garlic, and red bell pepper – For a subtle, spicy kick and a depth of sweetness that melts in your mouth.
- Oil – Neutral oil provides just the right level of lubricant for roasting. It allows the spices and marinade to permeate the meat fully.
- Spices – Smoked paprika adds extra smokiness to your meal, while cayenne adds a spicy kick.
- Lemon – The high citric acid content gives an extra punch of flavor.
- Herbs – Both herbs have a strong, vibrant taste to round out the spiciness of the dish.
- Red wine – It provides an excellent balance of savory and sweet flavors.
- Chicken – It’s the main star of this dish and the perfect canvas for all the yummy spices and herbs.
How to Make Peri Peri Chicken
This delicious chicken couldn’t be easier to make.
- Prep the marinade. Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Grab a glass dish or a bowl and mix the chicken with the marinade. Let it sit for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees to ensure it’s nice and hot, allowing all those yummy juices to combine.
- Bake the chicken. Once the oven is hot and ready, transfer the marinated chicken to an oven-safe dish. Bake it until the chicken’s internal temperature is 165 degrees F (around 40 minutes).
Tips for the Best Results
Follow these easy tips and tricks to make this chicken even more delicious.
- Spice it up. Peri peri chicken is known for its spicy kick, so don’t be afraid to layer on your favorite hot sauce or pepper flakes for extra zing.
- Get creative. Experiment with different flavor combinations until you find something you love. Blend herbs, spices, olive oil, soy sauce, and other condiments for an exotic flavor adventure!
- Presentation is key. After all the hard work you put into making this delicious dish, ensure it looks as good as it tastes! Garnish it with fresh herbs and colorful veggies for an extra pop of color.
What to Serve with Peri Peri Chicken
There are plenty of options to amplify the deliciousness of your dish. Here are a few great accompaniments to your peri peri chicken:
- Roasted potatoes – Nothing complements spicy flavors like potatoes. And roasted baby potatoes provide a little relief from the heat.
- Warm garlic bread – It adds texture and flavor to any meal! To make it even better, brush it with olive oil and sprinkle it generously with sea salt before popping it into the oven.
- Aromatic couscous or quinoa – They’re packed with nutritious goodness. Add toasted pine nuts, chopped fresh herbs, lemon juice, and olive oil for a delicious finish!
- Creamy coleslaw – This cool and creamy side dish is perfect for cutting through the heat of your peri peri chicken.
How to Store & Reheat
If you have leftovers, here’s how to store and reheat them to enjoy the dish a second time:
To Store: Store it in the refrigerator in an air-tight container. It should remain fresh for up to 3 days.
To Freeze: Freeze your leftovers in an air-tight container for up to 4 months. Label the date of freezing.
To Reheat: Thaw the chicken in the refrigerator overnight before reheating.
- To Reheat in the Oven: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, put the chicken in a glass dish, and add some broth. Cover it with foil and bake it for 10-15 minutes.
- To Reheat on the Stove: Warm a skillet on medium-high heat. Pour chicken broth or water in to cover the bottom of the pan. Wait until it boils, lower the temperature, and stir in the chicken. Continue stirring until the chicken warms up.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?