These delicious peanut butter cornflake cookies are heaven to me. I’m sure you’ll love them, too!
What do you get when you combine cornflakes, corn syrup, and peanut butter? The most addictive cookies ever, that’s what!
They’re crunchy, chewy, and peanut-buttery. In short, they’re to die for. They even have that amazing sweet and salty flavor combination going on!
As if that wasn’t fantastic enough, these cookies are also no-bake! There’s no preheating the oven to worry about!
Heck, you don’t even need the stove, either. They’re so easy, you can make them in the microwave. It’s seriously the fastest way to entertain guests!
Having friends over for an impromptu party? These quick and easy peanut butter cornflake cookies are all you’ll need.
Peanut Butter Cornflake Cookies
Peanut butter cornflake cookies are a genius combination of crunchy cornflakes, sticky corn syrup, and sweet and salty peanut butter in one lip-smacking dessert.
What makes these cookies insanely addictive is the wonderful flavor and texture combination.
They’re sweet, salty, creamy, chewy, crisp, and crunchy all at the same time. One bite is sure to make your taste buds go wild!
The best part, however, is how easy they are to make.
The recipe only requires a few basic ingredients and comes together in no time. How can something this simple be so addictive at the same time?
These cookies are so simple, all you’ll need are five common pantry ingredients!
- Granulated Sugar – To sweeten the cookies.
- Light Corn Syrup – The key to the cookies’ chewy, sticky consistency.
If you don’t have corn syrup on hand, you can swap it with maple syrup. It tastes great with peanut butter, and it’s vegan, to boot!
You can also use Manuka honey.
- Butter – For a richer flavor. Either salted or unsalted butter is fine.
- Peanut Butter– The creamy kind is best for this recipe. If the peanut butter is runny, the cookies will not set. You can also use crunchy peanut butter, but the cookies won’t be as ooey-gooey.
- Cornflakes – You can’t call them cornflake cookies without the cornflakes. Regular cornflakes are best, but you can also use Special K cereal.
Tips for the Best Cookies
- You won’t want half of the peanut butter mixture stuck onto the pot, so be sure to use a non-stick pot. Not only will it be easier to remove the mixture, but it will also make cleaning up a breeze.
- Another great thing about this recipe is that it’s easy to customize. Want chewier, more ooey-gooey cookies? Add more corn syrup. Want denser cookies? Add more cereal.
- Allergic to peanut butter? Use another nut butter, such as almond or sunflower seed butter. But if you’re allergic to all nuts, use peanut-free peanut butter, such as Wow.
- Add a teaspoon of vanilla extract for maximum flavor.
- Prepare all the ingredients before cooking. This step is crucial because you’ll need to work fast once the peanut butter mixture is done cooking.
- Use a cookie scoop to make uniform sizes.
- No parchment or wax paper? You can use a non-stick aluminum foil to line your baking sheet. You can also use regular foil, but be sure to grease it with oil or butter.
- The cookies will take 20 to 30 minutes to set. Can’t wait to have a bite of these ridiculously tasty cookies? Pop them in the fridge so they’ll set faster!
- Store the cookies in an air-tight container for up to 3 to 4 days. You can also refrigerate them for up to 2 weeks.
- Want a much longer shelf-life? Freeze the cookies! They’ll keep well for up to 2 months. Wrap each cookie in parchment paper, seal it in a Ziplock bag, and freeze. Thaw at the counter until they reach room temperature before serving.
What Can I Add to the Cookies?
Let’s start with the obvious: chocolate! Whether it’s mini -chocolate chips, melted chocolate, or both, you really can’t go wrong.
There’s something magical about the combination of peanut butter and chocolate!
For a soft and chewy contrast to the crunchy cookies, swap the corn syrup with mini-marshmallows.
Want more flavor and texture? Throw some shredded coconut, chopped nuts, or crushed candy into the mixture!
Want more color to your cookies? Top them with sprinkles! You can even pick colors that match the theme of your party.
Can I Make Peanut Butter Cornflake Cookies in the Microwave?
Yes, and much to the delight of non-bakers all over the world!
Here’s the super simple way to make peanut butter cornflakes cookies in the microwave.
1. In a large, microwaveable bowl, stir together sugar, corn syrup, butter, and peanut butter until combined. Microwave for 3 to 5 minutes, stopping to stir every minute, until the mixture is hot and bubbly.
2. Add the cornflakes into the mixture and stir gently until completely coated.
3. Drop spoonfuls of the mixture onto a lined baking sheet. Let cool and enjoy!
And there you go! I told you it was simple.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?