This Oreo mug cake takes the classic combo of cookies and cream to a whole new level!
And can you believe it’s only a 2-ingredient, 5-minute cake recipe?
Dare I say this recipe is even better than a traditional cake? And it’s so easy!
Just stick it into the microwave and watch the magic happen.
So let’s all welcome this Oreo mug cake to the club. I have a feeling we’ll be seeing it a lot!
TikTok Oreo Mug Cake Recipe
This 2-ingredient Oreo mug cake recently blew up on TikTok, and I completely understand why.
I mean, who doesn’t want a super simple recipe that yields a super delicious cake?
It makes one perfect serving, so you don’t have to share. This Oreo mug cake is all for you and that needy sweet tooth.
Plus, you don’t need to worry about any leftovers calling your name.
With just two ingredients, this is without a doubt one of the easiest recipes I’ve ever featured on this page.
Are you ready? Here’s what you’ll need for this sweet treat:
- Oreos. I’ve tried two kinds of Oreos – original and red velvet – for this recipe, and they’ve both worked beautifully. I imagine any Oreo variation will work great, too.
- Milk. It saturates the Oreos and turns them into a moist cake. I like to use either whole or evaporated milk to give the cake a full flavor.
How to Make Oreo Mug Cake
This recipe is so simple it lives rent-free in my brain at all times. Check out how easy this cake comes together!
1. Crush the Oreos. Crush the Oreos with a fork, and place them in an 8-ounce mug.
2. Add milk. Pour milk over the Oreos, and stir until creamy. It will take about 1 minute.
3. Pop in the microwave. It’ll take about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. to cook. Nuke for 1 minute first, and then in 30-second increments until done.
4: Let it cool. It will be molten hot and a little liquidy at first. Allow it to cool for 5 minutes to firm and cool slightly.
5: Serve. This is the fun part! Garnish it with any sweet and crunchy topping you can think of, and enjoy!
Tips for the Best Oreo Mug Cake
Oreo mug cake is pretty foolproof. But here are some quick tips and tricks to ensure it’s perfect.
- Don’t ‘overbake’. Just like a regular cake, it’ll become rubbery if you cook it too long. Always start with 1 minute, and cook further in 30-second increments until the cake is moist but not wet.
- Make it fluffier. If you want a fluffier, sponge-like cake, stir in a pinch of baking powder. This is easiest to do with the milk before pouring it into the mug.
- Try different types of milk. I like to use either whole or evaporated milk for a rich and full-flavored cake. Try whole milk, almond milk, or even coconut milk.
- Cook one at a time. Don’t cook two mug cakes at the same time. It won’t cook right because the heat won’t be distributed evenly.
- Place it on the edge. It’s better to put the mug on the outer edge of the microwave plate than in the middle. The cake will cook more evenly that way.
- Allow it to cool. Give the cake at least 5 minutes to cool and firm up. I know, I know. 5 minutes seems like an eternity. But you have to trust that it’s worth it!
- Eat it right away. This cake is best enjoyed the day it was made. It’ll harden and get chewier over time.
Mug Cake Variations
The best part about this cake is that you can easily customize it.
So, here are some topping and mix-in suggestions to make the Oreo mug cake more enjoyable:
- Make it decadent. Add chocolate chips to the faux batter before you cook it.
- Get creative with toppings. Redi-whip is the perfect creamy topping (and so easy). If you’re feeling a little extra, make a chocolate ganache by microwaving equal parts cream and chocolate chips for 1 minute, or until smooth and melted.
- Add ice cream. Is there anything better than a warm dessert with cold ice cream? You can also top the warm cake with a scoop of your favorite ice cream for a lovely hot and cold contrast. Personally, I love a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Use other flavors of Oreos. I’ve tried these with red velvet Oreos, and OMG, it was a bomb! But I think the Golden Oreos will be next.
- Add vanilla extract. Enhance the cake’s flavor with a splash of vanilla extract. Or top the cake with fresh berries to give it a refreshing contrast.
- More Oreos, please! You can’t go wrong with Oreos on Oreos! Top the cake with chopped Oreo chunks for a more decadent dessert.
- Try a gooey sauce. Drizzle caramel on top for a sweet and salty contrast. Store-bought will work just fine!
- Make it nutty. Mix in chopped walnuts, almonds, or pistachios in the “batter” for a crunchy surprise. I like pecans because they’re buttery.
- Serving it for Halloween? Hide a few gummy worms in the cake!
More Easy Cake Recipes You’ll Love
Interested in other viral TikTok recipes? Check this out!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?