This microwave fantasy fudge recipe makes the creamiest, chocolatiest, nuttiest fudge you will ever taste. Oh, and here’s the best part: it’s a breeze to make!
All you need is a microwave and 7 simple ingredients. It doesn’t get any easier than this.
Seriously, don’t sleep in this recipe. It’s so insanely sweet and creamy with a crunchy kick that’s irresistible.
Fantasy fudge is the stuff dreams are made of. But you won’t need a nap after whipping together this easy-peasy recipe.
The Easiest Microwave Fantasy Fudge Recipe
Fantasy Fudge was the brainchild of the Kraft company in the 1960’s.
It originally debuted on the back of the Jet-Puffed Marshmallow Cream jar and was an immediate hit. But then, Kraft changed the recipe on us!
Don’t worry, this recipe is the OG. The only difference is everything melts in the microwave to make your life easier.
This recipe comes together in just 20 minutes from start to finish. I’m telling you, there is no way you can fudge this up!
Tips and Tricks For Making the Best Fudge
Check out these easy tips and tricks to make your homemade fudge the life of the party.
- Add more flavor! You can easily switch up or add more elements to make your fantasy fudge even more fantastic! How about adding roasted pecans, cherries, butterscotch chips, and white chocolate chips? There are no wrong answers.
- Use butter. While the original recipe only called for margarine, try using butter for a much better flavor.
- No marshmallow cream? No problem! Instead of using marshmallow creme, a bag of marshmallow minis works just as well.
- Line the pan with foil. Instead of greasing your pan, line it with a non-stick foil. That way, once the fudge hardens, you can easily lift the whole tray by the foil.
- Make it festive. Want to make this fudge for the holidays? Add a festive twist with crushed peppermint candies on top.
- Peanut butter fudge. Want to make peanut butter fudge instead? Easy! Just swap the chocolate chips with peanut butter. It’s so peanut buttery and delicious!
- White chocolate fudge. Simply swap chocolate for white chocolate. However, white chocolate chips will not melt as quickly as milk chocolate chips do. So, you may have to put it back in the microwave to help it melt faster.
How To Store Fudge
Fudge keeps for a long time, so feel free to make a big batch! Here’s everything you need to know about storing those leftovers.
- To Store. Place fudge in an airtight container and store at room temperature for up to 2 weeks. Or, pop it in the fridge where it will stay fresh for up to one month.
- To Freeze. Wrap the fudge tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil, and place it in the freezer. It will stay fresh for up to 3 months. When ready to eat, thaw in the fridge overnight.
Pro tip. Store the fudge in an airtight container, separating each layer with parchment or wax paper so it’s easier to take them apart.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?