I love coffee and finding new and exciting ways to enjoy it. So, honey coffee is particularly intriguing to me.
Because I am a sucker for a little bit of sweetness in my coffee.
Honey coffee is not only delicious, but it also has some health benefits. It’s chock-full of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. And more!
Plus, it’s a fantastic way to enjoy coffee without refined sugars.
And with only 6 common ingredients, it is so easy to make. So, you can’t go wrong!
Ever since trying it, honey coffee has become my go-to.
Here’s how to make it.
Honey coffee is a sweet and aromatic beverage inspired by the Spanish cafe con miel. It is the perfect pick-me-up on a chilly morning.
Every sip features the rich, smooth taste of coffee and the sweetness of honey.
Cinnamon and nutmeg enhance the flavor further, adding a deliciously fragrant aroma.
Milk adds the right amount of creaminess to create a perfect beverage.
Whether you need a quick energy boost or a soothing treat, honey coffee is the perfect beverage choice.
- Coffee- Use your favorite blend and roast. A bold and dark roast, a smooth medium roast, or a flavored coffee- you do you.
- Spices- Cinnamon and nutmeg have health benefits such as regulating blood sugar levels and reducing inflammation. You can substitute it with cloves or cardamom.
- Milk- Almond, soy, and coconut milk are all great alternatives. Each provides a similar creamy texture and even some added nutrients.
- Honey- It’s not honey coffee without it. Use your favorite variety. I recommend local honey for its allergy-fighting properties.
How to Make Honey Coffee
1. Mix coffee, spices, honey, milk, and coffee. Combine all ingredients (except vanilla) in a small saucepan.
You can adjust the sweetness by adding more or less honey.
2. Cook the mixture. Cook the mixture over medium heat, stirring gently, until warm.
Avoid bringing it to a boil to preserve the delicate flavors and prevent curdling of the milk.
3. Add the vanilla. Take the saucepan off the heat. Add a splash of pure vanilla extract.
Stir it well to infuse the delightful vanilla aroma into the drink.
You can also use a vanilla bean pod for a more robust flavor. Just split it open and let it simmer with the other ingredients during step 2.
4. Serve. Pour your honey coffee into mugs and garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon. Add a dollop of whipped cream for added indulgence.
Enjoy right away! It’s a perfect pick-me-up for cozy mornings or afternoon treats.
Tips & Variations
- Milk Options: Customize the creaminess of your honey coffee by using various milk alternatives. Almond, oat, coconut, or soy milk are fantastic options. Cream or Half and Half works well, too.
- Use Spices Galore: While cinnamon and nutmeg are classic choices, you can explore other spices. I like ginger, cloves, or a hint of cayenne for spiciness. Try cocoa powder- it tastes fabulous, too!
- Iced Honey Coffee: Brew a strong coffee and sweeten it with honey. Chill it in the refrigerator until it is cold. Then, serve it with milk over ice.
- Whipped Cream Topping: Indulge yourself with whipped cream on your honey coffee for an extra creamy and luxurious experience.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?