Are you a fan of sweet, creamy, and boozy drinks? Then, this homemade Irish cream recipe is for you!
Forget those store-bought bottles, because I’m about to show you how to create your very own batch of sweet bliss.
This copycat version of the classic Baileys is a rich and creamy alternative with hints of coffee, chocolate, and vanilla. So much better than store-bought!
Its velvety-smooth texture makes it perfect served over ice or as part of your favorite Baileys cocktail.
With this easy recipe, you can whip up a batch in no time at home.
Try this recipe today and treat yourself to an unforgettable tasting experience!
Homemade Irish Cream
This creamy elixir is made with a blend of fresh cream, rich chocolate, and smooth whiskey.
It has a hint of warm flavors from the vanilla and almond extract, as well as a delightful caffeine kick.
This drink is guaranteed to make your tastebuds dance a merry jig.
The whimsical fusion of whiskey, cocoa, aromatic vanilla, and coffee will leave you delighted.
Every sip will make you feel like you’re lounging in a cozy Irish pub.
And the best part? You can make this delightful concoction in a jiffy!
- Irish whiskey: Adds the signature warmth and depth of flavor to Irish cream, making it a quintessential ingredient.
- Heavy cream: It’s thick and rich, adding a luxurious mouthfeel to the Irish cream, making it smooth and creamy.
- Sweetened condensed milk: Adds sweetness and creaminess to the Irish cream.
- Cocoa powder: Brings chocolatey goodness that makes for a rich-tasting, decadent drink.
- Instant coffee granules: This contributes a mild coffee flavor that complements the creaminess and richness of the Irish cream.
- Vanilla extract and almond extract: Adds flavor depth and highlights the creamy goodness of this concoction.
How to Make Homemade Irish Cream
- Gather all ingredients. Combine all your ingredients in a blender or a large mixing bowl.
- Blend until smooth. Do this for 20 to 30 seconds until the mixture is well combined.
- Pour into glass containers and chill. Use glass containers with tight-fitting lids and store them in the refrigerator.
- Serve chilled, and enjoy!
Tips for the Best Irish Cream
To make the best homemade Irish cream, follow these tips and tricks:
1. Use high-quality ingredients
The taste of your homemade Irish cream will depend on the quality of the ingredients you use.
Choose a good-quality Irish whiskey, fresh heavy cream, and high-quality cocoa powder or chocolate syrup.
2. Taste and adjust
Once you’ve blended all the ingredients, taste your mix and adjust the flavors as needed.
For a stronger flavor, add more whiskey or instant coffee. Or, if you want a chocolatey taste, add more cocoa powder.
3. Avoid curdling
Gradually increase the speed of your blender to prevent the mixture from curdling.
Start your blender at a low rate and slowly increase it to medium-low.
4. Garnish before serving
Serve with a sprinkle of cocoa powder, grated chocolate, or a cinnamon stick. It adds visual appeal and flavor to the drink.
5. Strain if necessary
Strain your Irish cream through a fine-mesh sieve or cheesecloth to ensure a smooth consistency.
The result is a velvety, smooth drink gliding just right as you sip.
6. Experiment with flavors
Feel free to customize your homemade Irish cream by adding different flavors or adjusting the mixture.
You can add warm flavors by adding a teaspoon of cinnamon and nutmeg.
Substitute cocoa with chocolate syrup for a sweeter and more decadent flavor profile.
If you want a more boozy kick, substitute coffee and cocoa with Kahlua.
There are endless ways to make the most out of this creamy, dreamy concoction.
If you prefer a non-alcoholic Irish cream, omit the whiskey and add orange zest.
7. Serve chilled
Homemade Irish cream is best served chilled. Pour it over ice, mix it into coffee or cocktails, or add it to your desserts!
8. Share and enjoy with friends
Homemade Irish cream makes a thoughtful and unique gift for friends and family.
Pour it into cute Mason jars and add a personalized label for a special touch.
How to Store
Follow these methods to ensure your homemade Irish cream stays fresh and tasty:
1. Sterilize your container
Before pouring your Irish cream into a storage container, make sure it’s thoroughly sterilized.
You can sterilize the containers by boiling them in water for 10 minutes.
Alternatively, you can run them through a hot dishwasher cycle.
2. Choose an air-tight container
Use a glass bottle or jar with a tight-fitting lid to store your Irish cream.
3. Store in the refrigerator
Does Baileys Irish Cream go bad? You bet it does!
Irish cream contains dairy, so you must store it in the refrigerator.
4. Shake before using
Before consuming your homemade Irish cream, give the container a gentle shake.
It ensures that the ingredients that may have settled are incorporated properly.
When stored in the refrigerator, homemade Irish cream lasts for around 2 to 3 weeks.
Just be sure to discard immediately if there are changes in texture, smell, or taste.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?