You’ll be hooked on this Godiva chocolate martini at first sip.
This dreamy dessert in a glass is made with Godiva chocolate and Bailey’s Irish cream.
If you love dessert and cocktails, this beverage is a match made in heaven.
For lovers of all things delicious and decadent, this martini is your new best friend.
Rich chocolate and Irish cream make an incredibly creamy pair that will transform any celebration into a posh party.
For the holiday season, Valentine’s Day dinner, or the end of a cozy night in, you have to try this Godiva chocolate martini.
Godiva Chocolate Martini
I love having the option of cocktails for dessert.
This chocolate martini is so rich and creamy that it’s guaranteed to satisfy any sweet tooth.
The lovely Godiva chocolate liqueur is creamy and has so much flavor.
When paired with the even creamier Irish cream, you’ll be in for a surprise.
Unless you’ve had a dessert martini before, you’ll be shocked to find how creamy it is.
Who knew something alcoholic could be so delectable?
Ingredients for Godiva Chocolate Martini
- Ice – This is important for two reasons. Ice not only chills the drink but as it’s shaken, it chips into tiny pieces and will give your cocktail an icy quality that’s signature to a shaken martini. Ice cubes that are a bit larger, about one inch in size, are usually better for shaking.
- Godiva Chocolate liqueur – Godiva chocolate is what it’s all about in this recipe. It’s different from other chocolate liqueurs because it’s creamy and so delicious. Godiva also makes three different varieties: Dark chocolate, original, and white chocolate. You can use any of them for this martini depending on your chocolate preferences. If you’re feeling extra fancy, try all three for a triple chocolate adventure!
- Bailey’s Irish Cream – Irish cream will make this drink even creamier. You don’t even need to use Bailey’s. Use any Irish cream you can find or even try making it yourself. Like Godiva, Bailey’s also has different varieties out there. You can experiment with their Espresso cream, salted caramel, or almond milk versions if you’d like.
- Vodka – I love to use a good plain vodka for this recipe. Grey Goose, Tito’s, Ciroc, Smirnoff, Ketel One, or anything you have on hand will work just fine.
- Half and Half – This will make the drink creamier. Depending on how strong you like your drinks, you can use more or less of this according to preference. You can also try using coconut milk or other nut milk.
- Chocolate Syrup – Rim the glass with chocolate syrup to add even more chocolatey flavor to every sip
- Cocoa Powder – Cocoa powder is an optional garnish but it sure does make the drink look pretty!
Don’t forget your cocktail equipment! You’ll need a shaker for this martini.
Shaking the ingredients together will not only chip the ice.
It will also blend all of the ingredients together for a smooth experience.
Salted caramel martini – Use original or dark chocolate Godiva with salted caramel Baileys and caramel vodka. Drizzle caramel into your glass before you pour the martini for a gorgeous and tasty touch.
Dark chocolate martini – Try swapping the original Godiva liqueur with dark chocolate and using chocolate-flavored vodka. This will result in the most chocolate flavor you could ask for. It’s a must for the serious chocolate fanatic. Top it off with chocolate shavings to impress any lucky drinking buddy.
White chocolate martini – If the sweetness of white chocolate is your go-to, try this recipe with Godiva white chocolate liqueur and whipped cream vodka. It’s dessert heaven. Sprinkle on some white chocolate shavings for added decadence.
Chocolate-covered strawberry martini – Use your choice of Godiva chocolate and then add strawberries and cream Baileys and strawberry vodka. The combination of strawberries and chocolate is divine!
Add some fruit! – If you’re looking to cut the richness of this creamy drink, add a fruit-flavored liquor. You can try things like raspberry or strawberry vodka, orange liquor, or apple pie Baileys.
The possibilities are endless when it comes to variations thanks to all of the available vodka varieties.
Make this drink your own and find your signature flavors. It’s okay to have fun with it!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?