Dunkin Donuts Coffee Coolatta is a cold, refreshing, and heavenly drink perfect for those hot summer days.
Not only is it delicious, but energizing as well when you need a quick caffeine fix.
Sadly, Dunkin has phased out this delightful drink. But, worry not, because I have discovered how to make it at home, and it’s incredibly easy!Pin This Recipe
How to Make Dunkin Donuts Coffee Coolatta
To make your very own Dunkin Donuts Coffee Coolatta, all you need is cold coffee, milk, vanilla syrup, hazelnut syrup, whipped cream, and ice. That’s it! You can make this creamy sensation in the comfort of your home. No need to get out of your pajamas.
1 cup coffee (cold)
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons vanilla syrup
1 tablespoon hazelnut syrup
2 cups ice
2 tablespoons whipped cream
Place the coffee, milk, vanilla syrup, hazelnut syrup, and ice in a blender. Start with the liquids first. Add the ice in last and blend! Not too much though - you want the coolatta icy, not creamy. Pour the coffee coolatta into your favorite glass and top with whipped cream. Enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
- If you need a power boost, make an extra-strong coffee base. Brew twice the amount of coffee grounds or double the amount of instant coffee. If that doesn’t rejuvenate your body, I don’t know what will!
- Want more of that energy boost? Instead of using regular ice cubes, use coffee ice cubes instead! Pour coffee into an ice cube tray and freeze. The ice cubes give the Coolatta that frosty texture.
- Blend the mixture on high speed just until you stop hearing the ice crush.
- Do not skip on the hazelnut syrup. It gives the Coolatta that distinct sweet and nutty flavor. Like dessert in a cup!
Interesting Facts About Dunkin Donuts
Dunkin makes some of the best coffee and donuts at a price that’s incredibly affordable. But here are a few interesting facts you might not know about this beloved donut shop.
- The first-ever shop was called “Open Kettle.” William Rosenberg opened the store in Quincy, Massachusetts in 1948. It wasn’t until two years later when he changed the name to Dunkin Donuts, as recommended by one of his executive architects. Apparently, back then, it was common to dip donuts into a cup of coffee. In 2019, they changed the company name again to just “Dunkin.”
- Rosenberg’s vision for his shop was to serve the freshest and most delicious coffee and donuts. Today, over 70 years later, this principle still holds true.
- Back in the day, most donut shops only offered four types of donuts. But Dunkin refused to adhere to the norm and offered a whopping 52 varieties!
- However, it wasn’t until in 1972 that Dunkin Donuts started serving their signature munchkins. As you may have guessed, they named these little guys after the adorable characters from the film, Wizard of Oz. They have also since expanded their menu to add more food and beverage options.
- Speaking of munchkins, did you know that you can’t buy just one? They sell these small round pieces of heaven in bundles of five.
- In 1955, Harry Winokur, Rosenberg’s brother-in-law, left the company to open up his own shop: Mister Donut. His shop grew popular not just locally but abroad as well. To this day, Mister Donut remains popular, most especially in Japan.
- In 1977, Dunkin refused to add French inscriptions on their packaging materials in their Quebec stores, inciting anger among French-Canadians. Their response? They destroyed over 15,000 bags and boxes from six of their Canadian stores!
- A few decades later, Dunkin started branching out and experimenting with bizarre flavors. Want to try the shredded chicken-and-chili-paste donut? Then head to Thailand! Or, how about a bite of the kimchi croquette from South Korea?
- In 2011, Al Pacino starred in a fake Dunkin ad where he calls himself “Dunkacino.” Wondering why you have no idea this ad ever existed? Well, that’s because it only aired in the Adam Sandler flop, Jack and Jill. Unless you’re an avid Adam Sandler fan, chances are you’ve never heard about the Dunkacino ad.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?