If you’re a regular visitor to the Costco food court, you’ve probably seen the famous Costco chicken bake! It’s a total member favorite. And with this easy copycat recipe, you can make your own at home.
Packed with chicken, bacon, and plenty of cheese, it’s hard to resist. It’s a fast, family-friendly meal solution that’ll have everyone asking for seconds.
Recreating the food court experience at home has never been easier. I’m sharing tips and tricks for the perfect chicken bake. This recipe seriously rivals the real deal!
So, roll up your sleeves, preheat your oven, and prepare for the ultimate comfort food experience!
Costco Chicken Bake
The first time I tried Costco’s chicken bake, it was love at first bite. I knew I had to recreate the warm, comforting flavors of this dish at home.
Imagine tender chunks of seasoned chicken and crispy bacon bits nestled inside a pillowy, golden-brown dough. It’s enveloped in a blanket of warm, gooey cheese, oozing with every bite.
Sounds like a dreamy treat, right? Thankfully, you don’t need a Costco membership to enjoy it. You can make it right in your own kitchen.
Perfect for family dinners, game nights, or casual get-togethers, the dish will surely be a hit. Are you ready? Let’s bake some magic!
The ingredients list in this recipe isn’t complicated at all! Here’s what you need to make it:
- Pizza dough – It provides a tender, chewy crust to hold all the delicious fillings.
- Caesar dressing – This creamy, garlicky dressing adds a rich, tangy flavor to the chicken bake.
- Cooked chicken –It’s a key component of the chicken bake, offering a hearty, protein-packed filling. You can use rotisserie, grilled, or any preferred cooked chicken variety.
- Bacon – It adds a smoky depth of flavor and a satisfying crunch. Cook the bacon until crispy, then crumble it into small pieces.
- Mozzarella cheese – This mild, creamy cheese melts beautifully in the chicken bake, adding gooey, cheesy goodness.
- Chives – They bring a subtle onion-like flavor and a pop of color to the chicken bake.
- Parmesan cheese – It adds a nutty, slightly salty flavor. It pairs well with the other ingredients.
How to Make Costco Chicken Bake
Follow these simple steps to enjoy a scrumptious chicken bake tonight:
- Preheat the oven and prepare the dough. Set your oven to 400°F and divide the dough into four pieces.
- Roll out the dough. Once the dough is ready, roll it out into a large rectangle.
- Assemble the chicken bake. Spread a generous layer of Caesar dressing evenly on all four pieces. Top each piece with cooked chicken and crumbled bacon. Sprinkle on the mozzarella cheese and chives.
- Roll and seal the chicken bake. Carefully roll the dough lengthwise, enclosing the filling. Pinch the edges to seal and tuck the ends under.
- Bake to perfection. Bake it in the preheated oven for 17 minutes. Remove it from the oven and top it with shredded parmesan. Bake it for 5 to 6 more minutes until it’s golden brown.
- Cool and slice. Allow your chicken bake to cool for a few minutes before slicing it into portions. Serve it warm, and enjoy!
Tips and Variations
Do you want to create your version of the iconic Costco chicken bake? Here are some delightful tips and variations to customize it!
- Take a shortcut. Use rotisserie chicken or pre-cooked chicken for a time-saving and flavorful shortcut.
- Let it chill. Chill the filling before assembling the chicken bake. This step ensures the filling doesn’t overflow and the pastry doesn’t get soggy.
- Give it an egg wash. Brush the pastry with an egg wash before baking for a beautiful golden brown crust.
- Be patient! Allow the pizza dough to come to room temperature before rolling it out. After rolling it into a rectangle, let it sit for another 10-15 minutes before adding the filling. This step will help relax the gluten and prevent a chewy crust.
- Give it a break. Let your chicken bake cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving. This step ensures the filling sets and the flavors meld together.
- Buffalo goodness. Use buffalo sauce instead of marinara, and add some blue cheese crumbles on top for a spicy twist.
- Spice it up. Add some hot sauce or sriracha to the Caesar dressing for a kick of heat.
- Throw in some veggies. Add some sautéed mushrooms, onions, and bell peppers to the filling for a hearty vegetarian option.
- Make it meatier. Switch the chicken with ground beef, turkey, or sausage for a meatier, more flavorful treat.
- Ranch heaven. Substitute Caesar dressing with ranch dressing for a tangy, fresh touch.
Feel free to experiment with different sauces, cheeses, or fillings. Don’t be afraid to create your own unique and delicious masterpiece.
What to Serve with the Chicken Bake
The Costco chicken bake is a meal in itself. But if you’re starving, serve it with these tasty sides.
1. Caesar salad. A simple and classic choice. It pairs well with the cheesy and savory flavors of the chicken bake.
2. Roasted vegetables. A medley of roasted carrots, broccoli, asparagus, or Brussels sprouts are great options. It adds some color and nutrients to the meal.
3. Chips and salsa. For a quick and easy side, a bag of chips and salsa is a great option.
4. Fruit salad: A light and refreshing fruit salad balances out the richness of the chicken bake.
5. French fries. For a more indulgent side, crispy French fries are a satisfying complement.
Storing, Freezing, and Reheating
Are you planning to make a big batch to save some for later? Follow these steps to keep your chicken bake at its best!
1. Allow your chicken bake to cool to room temperature after baking. It will prevent the steam from turning into condensation, which could make the pastry soggy. Patience is key!
2. Wrap each chicken bake individually in foil. Ensure a snug fit to keep out the air. Place the wrapped chicken bakes into a large zip-top bag.
3. Store them in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. They’ll be waiting for you, like a cheesy chicken hug!
1. Follow step 1 from the storing process above.
2. Place the individually wrapped chicken bakes into a freezer-safe airtight container. You can also use a resealable freezer bag.
3. Store the container in the freezer for up to 3 months. You’re now stocked with a ready-to-eat chicken bake!
1. If it’s frozen, thaw the chicken bake in the fridge overnight. Again, patience is key!
2. Remove the chicken bake from its wrap before baking, air-frying, or toasting. Whatever heating method you choose, keep the temperature low at 250 degrees F.
3. Reheat it for 15 to 20 minutes or until the filling is heated through. Dig in and enjoy!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?