These heavenly Mountain Dew Apple Dumplings are wrapped in crescent rolls and then covered with the perfect mix of butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla.
Top it off with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and you’ve got pure heaven in a bowl!
Easy Mountain Dew Apple Dumplings
Apple dumplings are the perfect fall treat. But I find them quite heavely all year round.
Who knew that apples, Mountain Dew, and crescent rolls would make such a fantastic combination? Plus, baking these apple dumplings will make your whole house smell heavenly.
Granny Smith apples, lightly sweetened and seasoned, then wrapped in crescent rolls and baked to perfection.
It’s a quick and easy dessert for any occasion. Top it off with a scoop of ice cream and it’s like apple pie without all the hard work.
Ingredients for Mountain Dew Apple Dumplings
- Granny Smith Apples: This is one of the best apples to use for baking because they’re crisp, perfectly tart, and release a minimum amount of juice. But Honey Crisp and Gala will work too!
- Crescent Roll Dough: Canned crescent rolls make this recipe easy and fool-proof. Plus, the dumplings come out perfectly golden brown!
- Butter: I prefer unsalted butter for this recipe.
- Brown Sugar: You can also mix it up with 1/4 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup white.
- Ground Cinnamon: Feel free to adjust these amounts to your taste buds.
- Mountain Dew: The light, citrusy flavor pairs perfectly with the Granny Smith apples and the buttery brown sugar sauce. It’s the secret ingredient that really makes this recipe pop!
- Vanilla: The secret ingredient in nearly every baking recipe.
What are the Best Apples to Use?
The Granny Smith Apples are definitely a baker’s favorite for this recipe. They have the perfect amount of tartness to counter the sweetness of the dumplings. But there are many apples that will work for this recipe.
- Honey Crisp
- Granny Smith
- Golden Delicious
- Pink Lady
Granny Smith and Honey Crisp retain lots of fresh apple flavor while releasing a minimum amount of juice. They also do a great job of holding their shape after baking.
Tips & Tricks
- Use an Apple corer to slice and quarter your apples in one fell swoop
- You can also make these Apple dumplings with Sprite or ginger ale. But my personal favorite is Mountain Dew!
- To make your dumplings even more flavorful, coat the apples with cinnamon and sugar before you wrap them.
- While apples are the star of this dish, you can also replace it with another fabulous fruit: peaches! I swear it tastes just like peach cobbler, but it’s a lot easier to make. Follow the same recipe instructions, but use peaches instead of apples. You’ll thank me later.
- Pour the Mountain Dew around the dumplings (not directly on top of them!). This ensures that the cinnamon mixture forms a nice crust on top and prevents the dumplings from coming out soggy.
- When you serve these, be sure to scoop up some of the juice at the bottom of the pan and pour generously over the Apple Dumpling.
- For a healthier version, you can reduce the butter to 1 stick and use 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup Splenda. They also have reduced fat crescent rolls. You still get a delicious treat, but with a lot less calories.
Top Your Apple Dumplings With Ice Cream and Caramel Sauce
Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. Honestly this combination of sweet and creamy might be my all-time favorite. For an extra divine treat, drizzle with a bit of caramel sauce.
If you’re in a pinch, whipped cream works wonders as well!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?