Even if you have a go-to recipe, I still recommend trying this Chrissy Teigen banana bread. It’s soft, flavorful, and loaded with yummy coconut and rich chocolate chips.
Chrissy Teigen and her Cravings cookbooks have blown up over the last few years, and for good reason – her stuff is insanely good!
Take this banana bread recipe. It’s baked in a bundt pan, which means you get more than an average loaf. Plus, it’s got a wonderful tropical twist that will keep you coming back for more.
Of all her super tasty recipes, this Chrissy Teigen banana bread is my fave!
Chrissy Teigen Banana Bread
There’s nothing better than a slice of yummy and impossibly moist banana bread. It’s great for breakfast, with your mid-morning tea or coffee, and even as a late-night snack.
As mentioned, Chrissy bakes her banana bread in a bundt pan, and somehow, that makes it wonderfully tender.
I think it’s got a lot to do with the added surface area, which helps the batter to cook more evenly.
Though you could use two loaf pans for this if you prefer, I highly recommend sticking with the bundt if you have it. As well as being tender, it also looks very impressive!
That said, this banana bread will be crazy-moist no matter how you choose to bake it, and that’s down to one special ingredient: boxed vanilla pudding.
If you’ve never thought to add dry pudding to your bakes, this is your sign to go for it. You won’t believe the difference it makes.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Chrissy Teigan’s banana bread:
- Bananas – as always, you need very ripe bananas for this. They should be brown and spotty, if not completely black. That’s when they’re at their best and most flavorful.
- Eggs – eggs will help to bind everything and add richness.
- Oil – although butter is usually best for flavor, since this has such a strong banana taste along with the added vanilla goodness, you can easily use oil instead. Just be sure it’s neutral-tasting.
- All-purpose flour – flour adds structure to the banana bread. Since it’s measured in cups, be sure to spoon the flour into your measuring cup and level with a knife. Otherwise, if you scoop it out, you’ll pack too much in.
- White sugar – white sugar will, of course, add sweetness.
- Vanilla pudding mix – I wish I knew the science behind this, but you’ll just have to trust me: dry pudding will make your banana bread ridiculously moist and tender.
- Baking soda – baking soda is used for lift, keeping the banana bread from being too dense.
- Kosher salt – salt is used in cooking and baking to help enhance flavor.
- Unsweetened coconut – since this batter is quite sweet already, you’ll want to use unsweetened coconut.
- Dark chocolate – I love dark chocolate in banana bread, and though you could use milk, I think it would be too sweet.
Can You Freeze Banana Bread?
You can freeze banana bread, provided it is completely cool before it goes into the freezer. The best way to ensure it doesn’t get freezer burn is to wrap tightly with plastic wrap (once the banana bread is cold), then store it in the freezer for up to three months.
Banana bread will also hold better if it’s frozen as a whole loaf. Though it’s possible to freeze slices, they may dry out as they freeze and then thaw.
To thaw your banana bread, pull it from the freezer and leave it on the counter, still wrapped, overnight. A few seconds in the microwave won’t hurt either!
How to Keep Your Banana Bread Moist
To keep banana bread moist, start with ripe bananas, which will add to the moisture content.
Also, as mentioned, this recipe includes pudding mix, which will also help it to keep it tender.
But the easiest way to keep this recipe as moist as possible, for as long as possible, is to wrap it tightly with plastic wrap between servings.
Ziplock bags will work, too, as will airtight containers with secure lids.
More Easy Banana Bread Recipes You’ll Love
Starbucks Banana Bread Recipe
Cake Mix Banana Bread
Deliciously Moist Banana Bread Recipe
Paula Deen Banana Bread
Jamaican Banana Bread
Hawaiian Banana Bread
How to Make Chrissy Teigen Banana Bread
This recipe is enough for one standard 10-inch bundt pan
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?