Bisquick cheeseburger pie is a recipe that can be passed down the generations. It’s delicious and nutritious, plus kids and adults alike all love it.
It’s a quick and simple recipe that you can make any weeknight, or in big batches to take to a potluck or barbecue.
It’s cheesy, comforting, and always extra satisfying!
But before you grab your apron and utensils, let’s pause, because maybe you’ve never heard of cheeseburger pie before!
What is Cheeseburger Pie?
The recipe for cheeseburger pie has been on the box of classic Bisquick since the 1970s. It’s also known as the “Impossible Pie” or the “Impossibly Easy Cheeseburger Pie”.
With this simple recipe, you’ll have dinner on the table in just 40 minutes or less.
It’s a tasty mixture of beef, cheese, eggs, and Bisquick mix. It has a lovely, tender crust, plus, you don’t have to go through the whole pastry process to get it.
Cheeseburger Pie is a casserole that the whole family will enjoy. Whenever I make this, there are never any leftovers!
What is Bisquick?
Bisquick provides a faster option than having to combine all the dry ingredients needed for bread or pastry making.
There is no shortage of amazing Bisquick recipes that will cut your time in the kitchen in half!
For the sheeseburger pie, you’ll want a bit of a crust, and the Bisquick makes it easy.
It’s a pre-made mix of flour, baking powder, shortening, and salt – basically a tasty way to cut corners and time in the kitchen.
Keep scrolling for how to use it to make your Bisquick cheeseburger pie casserole!
How to Make Homemade Bisquick Mix
Bisquick makes this recipe a million times easier. But if you don’t have Bisquick in your pantry already, you can easily make it from other pantry staples.
Combine the following ingredients –
½ cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon sugar
Next, slowly work in 2 teaspoons of cold butter using a fork or a pastry cutter. Mix until it has a breadcrumb-like consistency. Then follow the Cheeseburger Pie recipe as normal.
There are a few fun variations to this Cheeseburger Pie recipe!
If you want it a little leaner, use ground chicken or turkey instead of the beef.
Some recipes also add in ketchup, mustard, or dill pickle relish to really emulate an awesome cheeseburger.
You can always add in your favorite frozen veggies or chopped fresh tomatoes to the ground beef, too.
For a Mexican-inspired pie, add about 3 tablespoons of taco seasoning to the beef mixture. Top with sour cream, avocados, or salsa, and enjoy the fiesta!
Take a trip to Italy by adding 2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning to the beef. Then switch out the cheddar for mozzarella.
Serve with some marinara sauce. I don’t know about you, but my mouth is watering just thinking about it.
Use ground chicken instead of beef and add in a half a packet of ranch seasoning mix and ¼ cup of your favorite buffalo sauce. This one is for a sports event or backyard party!
Tips & Tricks
- Cheeseburger Pie can be made ahead of time. Just make it as normal, store it covered in the fridge, and add 5-8 minutes onto the bake time if it’s coming straight from the fridge.
- Bisquick comes in a Gluten-Free option, so you can enjoy Cheeseburger Pie whether you eat Gluten or not!
- Serve Cheeseburger Pie with a fresh salad on the side. I love to make a creamy Caesar salad to balance the meal.
- Other yummy things to serve it with are roasted veggies (I love Brussels sprouts), french fries or potato wedges, or a nice fruit salad!
- Make it a bacon cheeseburger pie by adding in some bacon when browning the beef.
- Freeze any leftovers, or the whole casserole, for a quick dinner later on. Cheeseburger Pie will last in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- You can bake your pie in a 9-inch deep-dish pan if you prefer that over a round pie pan.
- Grate your own cheese! It melts a lot better than the pre-shredded types.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?