Make Benihana Fried Rice in the comfort of your home.
Benihana is not just a restaurant, but an entire experience where the Teppanyaki chef actually cooks your meal right in front of you at the table!
If you haven’t been, I would definitely encourage you to check it out. It’s a great place to go for anniversaries, birthdays, or any special occasion.
But if you’d like to recreate some of the magic at home, we’ve got a simple recipe that you can whip up in your very own kitchen.
How to Make Benihana’s Fried Rice
Benihana may be the king of fried rice, but don’t let that stop you from making this Japanese staple at home. With a few simple ingredients, you can make this secret restaurant recipe at home. Make it with chicken or shrimp. Or a little bit of both!
Tips & Tricks
- Benihana uses Safflower oil for their fried rice because it has a high smoke point. But you can also use sesame or canola oil.
- Don’t overdo it with the soy sauce. The goal is not to make the rice turn dark brown – if you do so, you’ll end up with an incredible salty dish. Add just enough soy sauce that your rice turns mildly brown.
- The key to a great bowl of fried rice is to use cold, day-old rice. Make a large batch of rice the previous day and use the leftover to make fried rice for breakfast the next morning.
- It’s important to give your rice a good rinse before cooking to get rid of some of its starch. To rinse, soak rice with water and stir it with your fingers. Drain the rice and repeat the process until the water becomes clear.
- While it’s tempting to add as many ingredients to your fried rice as possible, I recommend starting with the basics. You don’t want a bunch of flavors overpowering one another. Stick to eggs, your choice of veggies, protein, and herbs and spices.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1 thought on “Benihana Fried Rice”
I just made your recipe !! Awesome, my family loved it. Thank you so much