If you’re attending a potluck and want to be the star of the party, this strawberry cheesecake lasagna is the key.
This show-stopping dessert is wonderfully light and refreshing!
It’s a mash-up of a cheesecake and a strawberry trifle and comes in lasagna form. How cool is that?
Plus, this is the only lasagna you will ever encounter that does not require any cooking or baking at all.
The cheesecake and strawberry layers only need a bit of mixing. After that, they’re ready to be assembled.
You can even make it a day in advance so that all you’ll need to worry about on the day of is your outfit!
Have zero baking experience but still want to impress your friends with a mean dessert? Strawberry cheesecake lasagna is the answer!
Strawberry Cheesecake Lasagna
Strawberry cheesecake lasagna is a layered dessert complete with graham crackers, cheesecake filling, and strawberries.
It’s a decadent yet refreshing cake perfect for your next gathering.
The best part? It’s a no-bake, no-cook recipe! Even the most inexperienced chef will have no trouble pulling this off.
The cake base of this dessert is a layer of graham crackers. These cookies soften while chilling in the fridge, becoming soft as cake.
They also absorb the cheesecake and strawberry layers, making them super flavorful.
The cheesecake layer is ultra-smooth, creamy, and fluffy. Don’t worry, there’s no need to make a cheesecake for this layer.
All you’ll need is to beat together cream cheese, sugar, amaretto, and whipped topping.
Then, there’s the strawberry layer. It’s a combination of strawberry jam and actual strawberries, so it’s both sweet and refreshing.
The hardest part about making this dessert is the waiting time.
It needs several hours in the fridge for the layers to set and the graham crackers to soften. Patience is key! But believe me, it’s worth the wait.
One recipe makes a 9×13-inch cake, which means it can feed a crowd.
- Cream Cheese. The main component for the cheesecake layer. Use softened cream cheese for easier mixing and spreading. Forgot to take it out of the fridge? Just microwave the cream cheese in 15-second increments until softened.
- Granulated Sugar. For sweetening the cream cheese.
- Amaretto. It adds a nice depth of flavor to the cheesecake layer.
- Whipped Topping. It gives the cheesecake layer light and airy.
- Non-Stick Oil Spray. For greasing the bottom of the pan.
- Graham Crackers. It serves as the “pasta” layer of the dessert lasagna. When refrigerated, the graham crackers soften and become cake-like.
- Strawberry Jam and Strawberries. The strawberry layer of the dessert is a combination of strawberry jam and fresh or frozen strawberries.
Tips for the Best Dessert
- Grease the pan with butter or oil spray to prevent the bottom layer from sticking.
- Spread evenly so that each slice gets equal layers. This is why the cream cheese has to be softened and the strawberry jam microwaved.
- You can use Oreo cookies (classic, not double stuffed) to make the crust, too. Crush the cookies in a food processor. Don’t remove the cream filling, as it helps with the consistency and adds sweetness. Thirty-six cookies make 3 cups of crumbs.
- Instead of amaretto, you can use 1/2 teaspoon of almond extract.
- If you’re not in a hurry, freeze the dessert for 15 minutes after adding each layer. This will make spreading the layers easily.
- Chill the dessert for at least 2 hours before serving. The layers need this time to set and firm up.
- To make clean slices, run the knife under warm water and wipe it with paper towels in between cutting.
- Top the cake with toasted chopped nuts for added crunch.
- Instead of strawberry, use other fruit jams such as blueberry, raspberry, and blackberry.
- You can also make a chocolate lasagna by using chocolate pudding and mini chocolate chips for the layers. You can even top it with bacon crumbles for more depth of flavor.
Can I Use Whipped Cream?
I find that Cool Whip is the best for this dessert because it stays nice and fluffy even after refrigeration.
You can use whipped cream as well, but take note that it won’t set as well as Cool Whip does in the fridge.
To make whipped cream, beat 1 1/2 cups of heavy whipping cream on medium-high speed until soft peaks form.
Gradually beat in 3 tablespoons of powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. This recipe makes 3 cups of whipped cream.
Can This Dessert Be Frozen?
Absolutely! In fact, I like this dessert lasagna better when frozen because it gives it an ice cream-esque vibe.
Cover the baking dish with a double layer of plastic wrap and foil before freezing.
This will keep it stay fresh longer. Thaw it in the fridge overnight or serve partially frozen.
After you’ve made this delicious treat, try these other amazing strawberry desserts!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?