Chocolate chip cookies are always a hit in our family. But how do you ensure soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies that melt in your mouth?
I’ve listed a number of tips and tricks below for making the perfect chocolate chip cookie. But one of the secrets is including an extra egg yolk – which guarantees that oh so gooey chewy chocolate chip texture.
Also – using more brown sugar than white makes your cookies extra soft and chewy.
Save this recipe and you’re likely to be the most popular person at your next holiday or family get-together.
Tips & Tricks:
- Use room temperature eggs as these will help your cookies rise. Do not overbeat them. Also, do not skip on the extra egg yolk. It’s the secret to extra chewy cookies!
- Another neat trick to chewier cookies: add powdered milk! I’m not sure about the science behind this hack, but it works.
- If you like your cookies thin and crispy, add more white than brown sugar. Brown sugar has more leavening power than white, so you have to use less of it if you don’t want your cookies to rise as much.
- If you’re not a fan of cake-like cookies, use melted butter. Do not add while hot, though, as this will melt the chocolate chips.
- Avoid flat cookies by placing your cookie dough in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. The key is, the longer it stays in the fridge, the more likely you are to get nice thick cookies. If you need to speed things up, place the dough in the freezer instead.
- The best way to form these cookies is by hand. Sure, you may use a spoon or a cookie dough scoop, but you’ll be able to control the shape and size better if you use your hands.
- Take the cookies out of the oven as soon as the edges brown. The center might look undone – but don’t worry, that’s how it’s supposed to look like. They will continue to cook while outside the oven – that’s why you need to let them sit for a while before you serve them.
- For more texture and flavor, use at least two kinds of chocolate chips. Also, place the chocolate chips strategically, such that the big chunks are on top.
- Apart from chocolate chips, you may also add chopped nuts for more crunch.
- Balance out the sweetness of the cookies by sprinkling them with a bit of salt.
- Store your cookies in an airtight container to keep their freshness.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?