The Sausage and Egg McMuffin is one of McDonald’s most beloved breakfast items. It’s my go-to food whenever I’m in too much of a hurry to make my own breakfast.
But, since this whole COVID-19 situation started, people from all over the world have been asked to stay at home and practice social distancing, and businesses have temporarily stopped their operations for health and safety purposes.
And while being stuck at home is nowhere near as challenging as say, risking your life battling the Coronavirus head-on (from the bottom of our hearts, we thank you, front-liners!), it’s still tough to deal with cabin fever.
This is why dear Mickey Dee’s has released the recipe for their iconic Sausage and Egg McMuffin.
It’s wonderful, because not only does it make us one step closer to eating the scrumptious sandwich, but it also gives us something productive to do!
So, if you are bored out of your wits at home, why not give this recipe a try? Who knows, it might even prompt you to start your own breakfast joint once this whole pandemic blows over!
Interesting Facts about McDonald’s Breakfast Menu
- Dear baby boomers, ever wonder why you have zero memories of enjoying McDonald’s breakfast as a kid? That’s because even though the fast-food chain has been around since 1955, they did not serve breakfast items until the 1970’s.
- Back then, they only served breakfast at breakfast time. They only started offering all-day breakfast in 2015 because of insistent public demand. It was in fact the most popular request the chain received from its customers. It was one of their best decisions, too, as their sales significantly rose since they made the move.
- The Egg McMuffin was the first fast-food breakfast item to be sold nationally in the United States. Originally, the sandwich came in the form of Eggs Benedict – hence the English muffin. It also had ham, eggs, and a rich hollandaise sauce.
- Not all McDonald’s breakfast offerings are the same. Yup, it varies from country to country! For instance, if you go to the Netherlands, you can order stroopwafels – pancakes topped with syrup and hazelnut spread.
- Over at the Land Down Under, you can enjoy an English Brekkie Wrap, which is sausage, bacon, and eggs coated in barbecue sauce and wrapped in a tortilla.
- In the Philippines, you can get a Cheesy Eggdesal, which is a sandwich made with scrambled eggs, melted cheese, and a Filipino bread called pan de sal.
- While there are a plethora of sinful menu items served at McDonald’s, their Big Breakfast is actually their 10th highest caloric item. Yup, it has surpassed other items such as the Big Mac and French fries. The combo is composed of an English muffin, a sausage patty, scrambled eggs, and a hash brown. The meal, not including drinks, clocks in at 640 calories.
- Aside from their signature burgers, McDonald’s is also serious about their coffee. Seeing how successful Starbucks has become, they realized how high the demand is for this breakfast drink. And while they were late in the game, they still sold 1 out of 10 cups of coffee bought at restaurants and coffee shops across the US. Soon after, they introduced their line of McCafé drinks (2009), which are much more affordable than Starbucks beverages.
How to Make McDonald’s Sausage and Egg McMuffin Recipe
All it takes to make the best-selling sandwich are eggs, potatoes, English muffins, sausage meat, and American cheese.
Here’s how to make this tasty breakfast treat at home.
Did you like the recipe?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!