This sweet and savory meatloaf is a classic recipe that never disappoints.
As you might have guessed… the secret ingredient is one packet of Lipton Onion Soup mix. But don’t let this simple recipe fool you! It’s a family favorite in our house.
Plus, it makes plenty of leftovers for meatloaf sandwiches, meatloaf chili, or meatloaf spaghetti.
Or simply pair it up with a few new side dishes. Mashed potatoes, mac & cheese, and sweet potato fries are a few favorites around our house.
Tips & Tricks for Making the Best Meatloaf
- Make meatloaf sandwiches with leftovers. Go with your choice of bread and top with mayo, onions, pickles, and what have you.
- Switch up the soup mix. Onion and mushroom soup mix, herb with garlic soup mix, and beefy onion soup mix all make fantastic alternatives!
- Cook your meatloaf in a slow cooker. Slow cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6 to 8.
- Cut calories with ground turkey. Also, use an egg substitute in place of eggs, and homemade whole wheat breadcrumbs instead of white.
- Add parsley for flavor. It adds a nice pop of color, too!
- Season with Italian spices and Parmesan cheese. Yum!
- Use spaghetti sauce instead of ketchup. Top the meatloaf with additional spaghetti sauce as it bakes for an incredibly moist, irresistible loaf.
- Take it up a notch with cheddar cheese! Add it to your beef mixture and taste the difference.
- Soak up excess grease with bread. Place a few pieces of bread underneath the meatloaf, and they’ll absorb the grease as it bakes.
- Glaze with ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and honey. This doesn’t only make your meatloaf tastier, but prettier, too.
- Use meat with an 80/20 ratio. The fat in the meat will make your meatloaf super moist and delicious. If you’re using leaner meat, like turkey or chicken, add more liquid to make up for the low-fat content.
- Add veggies for moisture and flavor. Finely chopped carrots, celery, green peppers, and onions all make great options.
- Don’t over-mix the meatloaf mixture. Otherwise, you’ll end up with dry and tough meatloaf. Stop as soon as the ingredients are well combined.
- Shape your meatloaf loosely. Don’t compress the meatloaf into the pan so it cooks perfectly.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for the perfect meatloaf. Sure, the meatloaf will cook faster at a higher temperature, but it will be tough and dry.
How to Make Lipton Onion Soup Meatloaf
With just 6 ingredients, you can whip up this family favorite any day of the week!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?