Dive into the vibrant and refreshing world of Italian cocktails with this limoncello spritz. It’s a sparkling summery drink that’s a cinch to make!
You’ll go nuts for the harmonious blend of zesty-sweet limoncello and effervescent Prosecco.
Add a splash of club soda, and your limoncello spritz is the perfect drink for balmy evenings.
What Is a Spritz Cocktail?
But what is a spritz, exactly?
A spritz is a simple cocktail featuring Prosecco (sparkling wine), liqueur or digestive bitters, and soda water.
They’re Italian wine-based drinks that are mostly served as aperitifs. Although, some versions are equally delicious digestifs.
And as much as I love the bitter tang of the infamous Aperol cocktail, this limoncello version is the best of the best!
The limoncello spritz is known for its bright lemon flavor, balanced with a gentle fizz and a subtle hint of sweetness.
It truly is a crowd-pleaser.
What’s in A Limoncello Spritz?
The limoncello spritz is an easy cocktail made with three ingredients and a garnish. It’s light, sweet, effervescent, and refreshing.
Here’s what you need to make one:
- Limoncello. This lemon Italian liqueur gives this drink its sweet and bright flavor. Store-bought and homemade both work well.
- Prosecco. Choose any brand of Italian sparkling wine. Just be sure to chill it first.
- Club soda. To make the drink even more refreshing! Soda water and sparkling water also work.
- Lemon wheel and mint. These very refreshing garnishes make this even more colorful.
How to Make a Limoncello Spritz
One of the best things about this limoncello cocktail is that it’s so easy to make. You can fix it up in just a couple of minutes.
1. Pour. Fill a glass with ice. Pour limoncello, Prosecco, and club soda on top. Stir gently to mix.
2. Garnish. Garnish with a lemon wheel and mint sprig. Or use your garnish of choice.
3. Sip. Serve and enjoy!
How to Make a Pitcher of Limoncello Spritz
Do you have some company coming over? Mix up a limoncello spritz pitcher for the party!
It’s a great idea for hosting and a lot easier than making each drink individually. Plus, you can prepare this pitcher cocktail in advance.
Just use the 3-2-1 ratio: 3 parts Prosecco, 2 parts limoncello, and 1 part club soda.
Here’s a general guide to follow:
1. Pour and stir. Pour 1 bottle (750 ml) of Prosecco and 16 ounces of limoncello into a pitcher. Add 8 ounces of club soda and gently stir.
2. Prep and serve. Place the pitcher next to cocktail glasses full of ice and garnishes of choice. Let everyone help themselves and enjoy!
I also like to chill all the ingredients before mixing. It helps keep the drink extra cold.
Tips and Tricks
Want to take your limoncello spritz from good to great? Then follow these tips and tricks:
- Stir gently to maintain the fizz.
- Adjust the sweetness. Limoncello’s sweetness varies by brand. Add a splash of simple syrup or agave if your drink needs a sweeter touch.
- Know your bubbles. Instead of club soda, try seltzer, soda water, or even tonic.
- Have fun with garnish swaps. Think berries like strawberries or blueberries and herbs such as rosemary or basil.
- Chill the ingredients and the glassware. Pop everything – glasses included! – into the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Make Prosecco ice cubes. Pour Prosecco into an ice cube tray and freeze for 6 hours. Use it for the cocktail, and it won’t water down the drink. You can also add some berries to each cube for a fun presentation.
- Serve it before dinner. Spritz cocktails are an aperitif. So this cocktail is a great refreshment before you eat.
More Fruity Cocktails You’ll Love
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?