Enjoy these Cracker Barrel Pancakes in the comfort of your very own kitchen!
With just 7 ingredients, you can make these buttermilk pancakes in 15 minutes. Fluffy, soft, and sweet, they melt in your mouth.
They’re the perfect weekend breakfast and even taste great for dinner. So whip up this copycat recipe whenever your next pancake craving strikes!
Tips for Making the Best Pancakes
Looking to create an impressive high stack of flapjacks? Here are some tips and tricks for making the best pancakes ever!
- Use an electric griddle. An electric griddle helps ensure pancakes cook evenly. Plus, it’s not just for pancakes! You can use it for hash browns, French toast, grilled cheese, crispy sandwiches, and more.
- Test the griddle. Wondering if the griddle is hot enough? Add a few drops of water on it. If it sizzles, pour your batter in.
- Only flip once. When you see bubbles and the edges forming, it’s time to flip.
- Flip with care. Pancake flipping can be tricky. The first step is to lift the edge with your spatula. If it’s ready, position your spatula all the way underneath. Then, flip it over with your wrist instead of your elbow!
- No buttermilk? Don’t worry! Make a substitute by mixing milk and 1 tablespoon lemon juice or white vinegar. Give it a few minutes to set. Then, add it to the pancake batter.
- Make dairy-free pancakes. When making your own buttermilk, just use almond milk or light unsweetened coconut milk. Then, add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice or white vinegar. Voila! Dairy-free buttermilk for your pancakes!
How to Make Pancakes Fluffy
Nobody likes tough pancakes. So here’s how to make them pillowy soft and extra fluffy:
- Never overmix your batter! You want to mix the dry and wet ingredients separately. Then, whisk them together just until combined to avoid overmixing.
- Don’t mess with lumps. You might notice some lumps in your batter. That’s okay! They trap air, which makes the pancakes even more fluffy.
- Whip the egg whites. Do so, then add them to your buttermilk and egg yolks. This step takes a bit more time, but it’s worth it!
- Let the batter rest. This recipe uses quite a bit of baking soda. Giving the batter a few minutes to set allows the baking soda to activate.
- Use room temperature ingredients. For the fluffiest pancakes, make sure your wet ingredients are at room temperature. If you forget, you can warm them up in the microwave for a few seconds.
Tasty Pancake Toppings
Maple syrup and butter are classic toppings! But if you’re looking to mix things up, try one of these:
- Fruits – Blueberries, strawberries, and bananas are my go-to pancake toppings. They’re delicious, healthy, and make wonderful natural sweeteners.
- Jam – If you’re not feeling fresh fruit, try adding jam. Blueberry or strawberry jam works great. You can also try fig or guava jelly.
- Chocolate Syrup – A great excuse to have a bit of chocolate in the morning! Chocolate syrup makes any sweet treat taste even better, including pancakes.
- Homemade Syrup – If you’re out of maple syrup, make your very own at home with water and sugar. You can also a little twist with a few drops of orange extract or an orange rind. A refreshing citrus syrup!
- Honey – Another fantastic alternative to maple syrup is honey. It’s healthier but tastes just as sweet!
- Peanut butter – I love any sweet treat with peanut butter. So I don’t hold back when adding some on my pancakes. Some chopped nuts on top makes it even better!
- Bacon and eggs – A classic, savory addition to pancakes. I love my bacon extra crispy with some scrambled eggs!
How to Make Cracker Barrel Pancakes
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?