Enjoy these Cracker Barrel Pancakes in the comfort of your very own kitchen!
With just 7 ingredients, you can make these fluffy pancakes in 15 minutes or less.
Pancakes are the perfect weekend breakfast and buttermilk pancakes from Cracker Barrel are my absolute favorite!
There’s just something about a stack of soft, fluffy pancakes topped with warm syrup.
If this fluffy breakfast treat is what you’re looking for, we’ve got some good news. You can actually make your very own Cracker Barrel pancakes! Follow this recipe and enjoy this delicious breakfast at home.
No need to get the kids dressed or even get in the car. You can enjoy these buttermilk pancakes in your pajamas!
Tips for Making the Best Pancakes
Here are some tips and tricks for making the best pancakes of your life.
- You want your pancakes to cook evenly and the best way to do this is to cook them on an electric griddle! Plus, it’s not just for pancakes. You can use it for hashbrowns, french toast, grilled cheese, and all sorts of crispy sandwiches.
- Rest the batter before pouring it on the griddle. This gives the baking soda plenty of time to activate. And baking soda is the secret ingredient for soft and fluffy pancakes.
- Make sure your griddle is hot and ready before pouring in your batter. You can test if it’s hot enough by adding a few drops of water. If it sizzles, go ahead and pour your batter in.
- Flip your pancakes only once! You’ll know when it’s ready to be flipped when you see bubbles forming on the batter and the edges are formed and are light brown in color.
- You don’t want to make a mess when flipping your pancake. The first step is to lift the edge with your spatula. If it’s ready, position your spatula all the way underneath and flip it over with your wrist instead of your elbow! No mess plus your pancake stays flat and even.
- No buttermilk? Don’t worry! You can make a substitute by mixing together regular milk and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice or white vinegar. Give it a few minutes to set and it’s ready to be made into buttermilk pancakes.
- If you want dairy-free buttermilk pancakes, you can do that too! When making your own buttermilk, use almond milk or light and unsweetened coconut milk with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice or white vinegar. Voila! Dairy-free buttermilk for your pancakes!
How to Make Pancakes Fluffy
Nobody likes tough pancakes. You want them pillowy soft and extra fluffy. Here’s how to make them extra fluffy!
- Never overmix your batter! You want to mix the dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately before whisking them together in one bowl. Once they’re combined, your batter is ready.
- You might notice some lumps in your batter. That’s okay! When your batter hits the hot griddle, those lumps will melt together.
- Another secret trick you can try for extra light and fluffy pancakes is to whip your egg whites before adding them to your buttermilk and egg yolks. This step will take a bit more time, but it’s so worth it!
- Give the batter time to rest before pouring it into your griddle. This recipe uses quite a bit of baking soda and giving the batter a few minutes to set allows the baking soda to activate.
- For batter that makes the fluffiest pancakes, make sure your wet ingredients are all at room temperature. Take your milk and eggs out of the fridge early or warm them up in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Make sure your griddle is hot enough! For this recipe, you want it to be 350 degrees F.
Tasty Pancake Toppings
- Fruits – Blueberries, strawberries, and bananas are my go-to pancake toppings. They’re delicious, healthy, and make wonderful natural sweeteners.
- Jam – If you’re not feeling fresh fruit, try adding jam. Blueberry or strawberry jam works great. You can also try fig or guava jelly.
- Chocolate Syrup – A great excuse to have a bit of chocolate in the morning! Chocolate syrup makes any sweet treat taste even better, including pancakes!
- Homemade Syrup – If you’re out of maple syrup, make your very own at home with water and sugar. You can also and add in a little twist with a few drops of orange extract or orange rind. A refreshing citrus syrup!
- Honey – Another fantastic alternative to maple syrup is honey. It’s healthier but tastes just as sweet!
- Peanut butter – I love any sweet treat with peanut butter and I don’t hold back when adding some on my pancakes. Some chopped nuts on top makes it even better!
- Bacon and eggs – A classic, savory addition to pancakes. I love my bacon extra crispy with some scrambled eggs!
How to Make Cracker Barrel Pancakes
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?