Better days have Campbell’s chicken pot pie in them. This cozy comfort food will tantalize your tastebuds and soothe your body, mind, and soul.
A nice contrast of chicken, cheese, veggies, and a creamy sauce is encased between two flaky crusts. This is what I call pie heaven.
It’s an excellent way to turn yesterday’s leftover chicken into today’s drool-worthy meal.
Want to make your day better and brighter? Campbell’s chicken pot pie recipe is the answer.
Campbell’s Chicken Pot Pie
It seems like a complicated recipe, but honestly, if you make smart choices, it’s a breeze.
Once you gather all the pre-made ingredients, it’s a matter of assembling and baking. How easy is that?
The insides are so rich and creamy with wonderful textures from tender chicken and crisp veggies.
But we’re not done yet. The best part of chicken pot pie is the crust, right?
What I love about this recipe is that it utilizes pre-made pie crust. It’s still as flaky and delicious as homemade, and oh-so-easy.
The ingredient list for this homemade pot pie is short and sweet. Just like I like it. Here are the quality ingredients needed for this simple dinner.
- Pie crusts. One for the bottom, one for the top. Either homemade or pre-made crusts are perfectly fine.
- Campbell’s Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup. To saturate the pie filling and make it ridiculously rich and creamy. It has all of the rich flavors built right in.
- Milk. Adjust the amount depending on how thick or thin you want the filling to be.
- Chicken. This recipe is the perfect way to use up leftover chicken. You can either shred it or slice it into cubes.
- Vegetables. The more colorful, the better. I use a bag of frozen and thawed veggies, here, which is a mix of carrots, peas, corn, and green beans. Sweet potatoes work great, too!
- Cheese. Everything’s better with it. Shred it yourself for better results.
How to Make Campbell’s Chicken Pot Pie
If you think homemade chicken pot pie is too complicated, think again! Check out how quickly this savory dinner dish comes together.
1. Prepare. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, press one pie crust into the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate.
2. Mix the filling. In a medium bowl, mix chicken soup, milk, chicken, and veggies. Pour the mixture into the pie plate, and sprinkle with rich cheese.
3. Cover and seal. Cover the filling with the second pie crust, and crimp the edge. Then, cut several slits in the top crust.
4. Bake. Place pie in the oven and bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Garish. Sprinkle the top with the remaining cheese. Slice, serve, and enjoy!
Tips for Making the Best Chicken Pot Pie
Follow these quick and easy tips to make your homemade chicken pot pie Instagram-worthy.
- Don’t have leftover chicken? No problem! Just use canned chicken breast instead.
- Make it healthier. For a healthier pie, use Campbell’s 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup.
- Try fresh veggies. I like to use a bag of frozen veggies for convenience, but you’re more than welcome to use fresh ingredients! Just combine carrots, green beans, corn, and peas.
- Adjust the sauce. If you want the sauce to be a little less thick, add more milk to the filling. Or, if you want it thicker, a cup of heavy cream will do the trick.
- Add more seasoning. This filling is flavorful enough as it is, but a dash of thyme makes a huge difference.
- Swap chicken for turkey. Have leftover turkey after Thanksgiving? Leftover turkey works just as well in this recipe. And it’s a great way to repurpose all those leftovers.
How to Store
Leftover chicken pot pie makes wonderful leftovers, if you store them correctly. Here’s everything you need to know about storing and reheating leftovers.
- To store. Place the cooled pie in an airtight container where it will stay fresh for 3-4 days in the fridge.
- To freeze. Allow the pie to cool completely, then wrap in foil or place in an air-tight container. It will keep well in the freezer for up to 4 to 6 months. So go ahead and make as many as you can.
- To reheat. Place frozen pie in the fridge to thaw overnight. Then, reheat it in the oven at around 325 degrees Fahrenheit until it’s heated through.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?