How to Make Gourmet Oreo’s
Making the cookies:
- Sift together 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup bread flour, 3 tablespoons black cocoa, 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon Dutch processed cocoa, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1/2 teaspoon baking soda.
- Cook 2 sticks butter over medium low stirring until butter sputters and then browns. Remove from heat and stir over an ice bath until butter reaches room temperature.
- Add 155 grams of butter, 2/3 cup granulated sugar. 1/4 cup light brown sugar to a large mixing bowl or kitchen mixer. Mix well. Beat in 1 teaspoon vanilla and add dry ingredients all at once.
- Mix on medium until all dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Place 9 grams of dough into a cookie mold and freeze for 10 minutes.
- Place the cookies on parchment paper. Cook for 14 to 16 minutes (while frozen) on 350 degrees F.
For the filling:
- In a saucepan, melt 50 grams of fine coconut oil and 50 grams of raw cocoa butter (grated fine) Let cool at room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, add the coconut oil mixture, 100 grams of powdered sugar, a generous pinch of kosher salt, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Beat with a hand mixer until smooth.
- On parchment paper, spread out the filling to 1/8 inch thick. Chill for a few minutes and then punch out circles that are slightly smaller than the diameter of the cookie. Freeze until solid.
- Pop out the cream-filling circles and place a cookie on either side.